Part Thirty Two: Summer

A/n hey guys! Just so you know I have planned out stuff for 300 more chapters (I ain't even joking). There's lots more to come! Also those of you asking for romantic stuff, it's coming! Amelia's only 11 so give her some time!

"Are there any good looking boys at Hogwarts?" Ginny Weasley lay in the tall grass beside Amelia. It had been a lonely year for Ginny so Amelia decided to spend some more time with her.

"Yeah I suppose." She shrugged. "Their all idiots though."

"All of them?"

"Well," Amelia looked around, searching for the right words. "Yeah their basically all idiots."

"They can't all be like that! Who's the nicest?" Ginny insisted.

"Well Dean and Seamus are really nice."

"You've told me about them already! Who else?" She sat up eagerly and stared down at Amelia.

"I dunno! Neville?" Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I want to hear about the really fit boys."

"Oliver's hot." Amelia picked at the yellow grass around her.

"The Quidditch captain? Oh I've heard of him, he's supposed to be dreamy!" Ginny laughed.

"What?" Amelia said distractedly. "Quidditch? Oh yeah! Yeah Oliver's super dreamy."

"I can't wait to go! I want to be on the Quidditch team. Why don't you try out Amelia? You're so good!" Ginny Weasley had a major friend crush on Amelia, she was like her big sister.

"First years never make it on the team!"

"Harry Potter did!"

"Yeah well he's special." Amelia laughed, remembering the time Harry had accidentally exploded an ink bottle all over Hermione's finished work. Definitely special.

"I can't wait to meet him!"

"I thought you already had?" Amelia wanted Fred and George to come back. They'd gone off on some adventure without her and she was stuck here in the grass. And Ginny could be cool at times but she was being so irritating right now. 

"I mean properly meet him!" Ginny exasperated.

"Whatever." She mumbled in response. "I'm gonna go look for your brothers." And she set off.

One nice thing about the summer was not having to wear robes all the time, Amelia liked wearing muggle clothing, her ripped jean shorts let her legs breathe. She wandered around outside aimlessly looking for Fred and George until she found them up in a tree.

"Amy!" George called and he beckoned her up. She raced up the tree and was beside the boys in less than a minute.

"I like your shirt." Fred pointed at her black top.

"Thanks. This band is chill you should check it out." She said casually.

"The band is literally called Firewhiskey in Your Asshole. That's the farthest thing from chill." George laughed.

"You would know!" Amelia and Fred high fived and George just shrugged.

"Not ashamed to say I've tried."

"What? Nasty!" Amelia cringed. "You're joking."

"That's for me to know and you to never find out!" He winked.

"Fine. What are you guys doing in this tree anyways. Just hanging out?"

"Yeah, we were thinking about messing with Percy but we haven't decided how exactly."

Amelia sighed, "Why do you always have to mess with Percy?"

"Who else do we have?" George picked a leaf off the tree and threw it at her.

"Literally like four other people in your house right now." She laughed. "Oh I know! You guys should have a competition! You have to see who can prank each other better and I'll be the judge!"

"What? No! I'm not going against Fred!" Fred said.

Amelia huffed. "I know you're Fred and he's George. You guys need to stop doing that, I can tell you apart!"

"You have some seriously crazy magic in that little body of yours." George narrowed his eyes, "Even mum can't tell us apart."

Amelia shoved him gently. "Are we gonna do this or not? Because summer is getting boring and we still have three weeks left."

"Alright. I think it could be interesting!" Fred agreed and they all shook on it. "Also, we haven't forgotten about your birthday Amelia! July 28th right?"

"Yeup!" She said cheerily. "I'm not going to tell you not to make a big deal out of it because I know you will anyway. So just remember this, I love balloons and fireworks."

"Cheeky Amelia." George shook his head and gave her a grin. The twins agreed the competition would start at Amelia birthday party, much to her dismay.

When she woke up on July twenty eighth, there was a breakfast tray sitting beside her bed, with a little note that said:

Happy Birthday Miss Merlin!

In the clear writing of her house elf, Glapp. Amelia smiled to herself and started eating. Glapp had made eggs Benedict and she couldn't be happier, it was delicious. After stuffing her face, Amelia got dressed in a dark blue sundress. She went downstairs, past the creepy family portraits and found her mother sitting in the parlour.

"Hi mum!" Amelia kissed her on the cheek.

"Good morning Amelia. My lord what are you wearing? That is just awful. I don't understand kids these days." When her mother talked, it was like she stabbed every word with a spear.

"I'm not making you wear it!" Amelia retorted.

"I still have to look at you."

"Well not for much longer." Amelia tried to keep the snarl out of her voice. "The Weasleys are throwing me a birthday party. So I'm heading over there!"

"Good." Her mother said lightly.

"Try not to miss me too much! Although I know it won't be hard for you." She slammed the door behind her and walked through the fields with long, yellow grass. Her mother was infuriating. She was so selfish and so stuck up. Amelia wanted to punch her stupid face so hard it knocked that stupid little hat clean off.

She trudged through the field until the Burrow was finally in sight. When Amelia reached the door she just let herself in like she always did and walked through to the backyard where Fred was usually playing with gnomes.

But when Amelia opened the back door, her heart nearly stopped. There were balloons every where of every colour. In the trees, along the hedge and in every bush. Even the gnomes had little balloons tied around their bellies.

"Do you like it?" A voice said from behind her and she knew it was Fred.

"I love it! I fucking love balloons!" She laughed and hugged him. "Thank you so much Fred, this is perfect!"

"You should see what we have planned for the rest of the day." Fred Weasley winked at her.

A/n everyone please comment telling me what you think of Amelia! As an author it's sometimes hard to tell if my image of her is really coming through to you guys so I'd love to hear what you think!