Part Fifty Three: Thestrals

A/n Hey everyone! Happy to see you're still reading and hopefully enjoying this! Just wondering how you guys feel about that ending to the last chapter! Comment about whether you think it was too far for Amelia to do that, or if you think it was bad ass!

Love you all!

Amelia went to the bathroom, her hands were shaking as she ran them under the cold water. The sink turned red, like someone had dropped paint in it. She scrubbed furiously, trying to get the stain out of her skin.

Her mind was at war with itself. On the one hand, she hated what she had done. Amelia didn't even know that poor man and she just ripped his eye out, for what? To prove a point? It was deplorable and she hated herself for sinking to that level.

The blood started to come off her hands.

But what Amelia hated most about it, was how much she liked it. She had relished in tearing his eye out of its socket and putting it in a box. She felt powerful, and fierce. Amelia was no longer crying in her dormitory a, she was a force to be reckoned with. And it gave her a deep sense of pleasure, now Akkedis knew that too.

That night she dreamt of a beautiful stone courtyard, filled with rich lords and ladies, dressed in fine gowns. But then they dropped their clothes on the floor and revealed lizard bodies, that fell onto all fours and scuttled towards her. They snapped their tongues at her, whipping them across her face until she was a bloody mess. Then Dumbledore appeared and killed the lizard-people and pulled her to her feet. With one quick motion, he slit her throat.

She woke up, with no bloody palms, or racing pulse. It didn't even scare her anymore.

With three days left until exams, McGonagall stood up at breakfast to make an announcement.

"I have good news!" Instead of everyone falling silent, they broke out into shouts and chatter.

"Dumbledore's coming back!"

"You've caught the Heir of Slytherin!"

"Quidditch matches are back on!" Oliver Wood roared excitedly.

When everyone finally shut up, she continued. "Professor Sprout has informed me that the mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight we will be able to revive those who have been petrified. I need hardly remind you that one of them may be able to tell us who, or what attacked them. I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with us catching the culprit."

The hall cheered and Amelia got up to go see Oliver, who had just entered.

"Hey!"

"Hey there, stranger!" He smiled and his blue eyes crinkled.

"I feel like I've barely talked to you lately!"

"I know." Oliver ran his fingers through his dark curly hair. "I mean we always talk a bit in Herbology but not much anywhere else."

"Yeah, kinda sucks." Amelia truly did miss him.

"Wanna go for a walk right now? Catch up?" He offered and Amelia had no problem agreeing. The pair strolled down to the lake and started walking around it.

"I want to show you something." she said suddenly.

"Alright."

Amelia laughed. "How do you know it's not going to be dangerous? Or painful?"

"What was it you once said to me?" Oliver smiled at her. "Trust me, darling."

"True." She nodded. "I did say that. Come on,"