Part One Hundred: The Champions are Chosen

A/n Hey everyone! So I've lost my copy of Goblet of Fire, therefore some of this information may not be as accurate or detailed because I'm just going off memory. Please correct me if something's wrong or feel free to comment with details and I will add them in!

There's nothing quite like the sight of a ship rising from the water of the Black Lake. The students of Hogwarts were astounded by the great mast and sails that carried the Durmstrang students. Just as spectacular were the six palomino white horses and carriage that the Beaux Batons witches and wizards piled out of.

Amelia couldn't get enough of the foreigners. She and Lavender flirted with the French boys and giggled as they caught the eye of the stoic boys from Durmstrang. The girls from Beaux Batons were either very nice or very stuck up.

But Amelia hadn't had much time to interact with anyone. She had been reading day and night everything she could about Kalishterya. There was nothing particularly exciting, merely descriptions of forests and mountains. But she couldn't stop reading. Each chapter dosed her with a pounding lust for more information. She drank the words in, mulling them around with her tongue, grinding them to a fine powder with her teeth. Discovering every small detail she could about the kingdom.

So it happened she missed quite a bit of the gossip. Including Fred and George's wonderful attempt at putting their name in the cup. But she did hear about it, Lavender insisted on informing her of every ounce of gossip there was in the castle. Especially about who was putting their name in that cup.

Mostly it made Amelia laugh, except for when she heard Cedric applied. When she heard that, she slammed her book shut and went to go find him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Amelia! Nice to see you!" He genuinely smiled at her and motioned for his friends to leave him.

"Why did you put your name in the cup?" She demanded.

"Amelia-"

"I just don't understand. It makes no sense to me! Why would you risk your life for such an idiotic cause?"

"I can't explain it."

"That's what Fred said."

"He would understand." Cedric laughed.

"Well I don't."

"Its about honour and bravery and being apart of something-"

"And your life is worth all that?"

"I'm not going to die Amelia."

"Really? And you know that for sure?"

"Do you have such little faith in me?" He laughed again.

"Maybe. This tournament is not a joke. It's going to be dangerous."

"Don't you like danger?"

"Not for stupid things. I don't like a chaotic, random, purposeless danger!" She stacattoed every word. "I think if you're going to do something you should have a reason behind it."

"I do have a reason!"

"A stupid reason!"

"Amelia, why are you so upset about this?"

"I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I won't."

"You don't know that."

"I promise-"

"Don't make a promise you know you can't keep."

And she walked away.