Part Ninety: Heaven

The school year was almost at a close. With exams pressing in Amelia barely had time to think about any of her old thoughts. Between studying and being with friends there wasn't a moment wasted on thinking about Kalishterya or Akkedis.

Amelia and her Gryffindor friends were studying outside on a beautiful sunny day when the first summer breeze blew past them.

"Feel that?" Lavender closed her eyes and tilted her head back.

"What?" Parvati asked mildly.

"Summer." She replied and looked up at her friends. "Speaking of which! We should totally do something together this summer! All of us!"

Seamus groaned. "So when I finally get a break from you people, you want us to go hang out?"

"Yes Seamus." She said curtly, giving him a small smack. "Because we are friends."

"Riiiiight." He nodded sarcastically.

Lavender tossed her hair over her shoulder. "Oh please. You love me."

"What did you have in mind, you know, for when we hang out?" Amelia asked, she was doodling vacantly on her notebook then she would enchant the drawings to move around (a trick they learned in art class).

"Well obviously we would do it at your house." Lavender said matter of factly.

"What'd you mean obviously?" Amelia scoffed.

"Your house is the nicest. It's literally a mansion." Dean pointed out. "Also your moms hot."

"Gross!" She hit him on the back of the head while Seamus roared in laughter.

"It's true Merlin! Your mama's a babe." He said.

"You guys are no longer invited. You disgusting animals." She said very seriously.

Dean chuckled and threw and arm around her. "Please. You could never ignore us for a whole summer. You might go crazy."

"I think you're over estimating my feelings." Amelia laughed.

"Ameeeeelia! You're breaking my heart!" Dean started to sing.

"Shut up!" She laughed again at shoved his arm off but Dean persisted.

"You're shaking my confidence daily! Oh Ameeeeelia! I'm down on my knees! I'm begging you please to come home." Finally he stopped after everyone started hitting him.

"Can you guys be quiet?" Neville pleaded. "This Transfiguration homework is killing me!"

"Here." Parvati leaned over. "I'll help you." Neville looked at her like she was an angel.

"Thank you!" He breathed, Dean and Seamus both snickered.

Dean leaned in and whispered to Amelia. "I swear he's faking it to get pretty girls to help him with his homework." He laughed lightly.

She was just about to come up with something really clever to say when she saw Fred coming towards the group.

Amelia groaned slightly. "What does he want?" She asked to no one in particular.

"Maybe he feels bad?" Parvati offered.

"Well he should." Lavender stuck her chin out defiantly and tossed her hair. "He was being so rude!"

"What'd he do?" Dean asked politely.

"Nothing." Amelia shook her head. "It's really nothing."

Fred arrived and immediately looked at her. "Hey Amy."

"Hey Fred."

"Come for a walk with me?" He extended his hand and after a moment she took it. Fred helped her to her feet and the pair set off along the grounds.

"So....." Amelia started awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." Fred blurted. "I was being a prat. I know that."

"Yeah you were."

"I hate it when we fight, Amy." His voice pleaded for forgiveness.

Amelia sighed. "It's not like we just fight for no reason. Well we do sometimes but you were being so mean. It's none of your concern who I date!"

"I know! I know!" Fred agreed hurriedly. "It's just that I want you to be with someone who deserves you. Not some lame guy who thinks he's amazing when you're really thirty times better than he is."

Amelia smiled and looked down at the ground, blushing slightly. "That's very kind of you."

"It's true. Now can we just forget about this?" Fred asked.

"Okay." She said then pointed a threatening finger at him. "But you have to promise not to do this kind of stuff again!"

He stopped walking and faced her. Amelia laughed when she saw his outstretched pinky. "It's the only way it'll count. Gotta pinky promise."

She couldn't force the smile away. "Fine. Pinky promise you'll stop being a prat?"

He hooked his little finger around hers and gave a small shake. "I promise."

"Well good. I would hate to stop being friends." She teased.

"We're never gonna stop being friends. Not even when we're both dead." He said surely.

"Not even when we're dead?" Amelia chuckled. "How will we manage that?"

"I'll see you in heaven."

"Yeah?"

"Of course! We can have board game night every Tuesday. And on Fridays I'll cook for you." The two of them continued walking around. The sun was lowering in the sky, casting a glow over the grounds.

"What about every other day of the week?"

"Well there's going to be a book club which we will both be apart of, obviously." Fred said casually.

"Who else is in our club?" Amelia watched him carefully as they walked. He kept his eyes trained on the ground right in front of him with his hands shoved in his robe pockets.

"Dumbledore, of course." He tried to keep the laughter out of his voice but it was pressing in gently. "And Uric the Oddball."

"How could we not have him there?" She grinned.

"He really brings a lot to the club." Fred nodded.

"Who else can we have?"

"I'd love to have Snape there but I don't think he's much of a reader." He shrugged.

"True true." Amelia mused. "What about someone like Goyle?"

"That idiot Slytherin boy?" Fred laughed. "Of course he can come! I can't think of anyone I would want more!"

"Right! I think book club is complete now." They both laughed together.

"We don't need anyone else."

"I don't even think we need most of those people. We could cut a lot of them." Amelia said quietly.

"I just need you with me to be happy forever." Fred looked up from the ground and stared at her. "And Goyle of course."

She laughed hard and shook her head at him. "You're something else Fred Weasley."

"I know. Isn't it great?"