Part Twenty Six: Slytherins get wet and Amelia gives Snape a piece of her mind

"Ah if it isn't the little Gryffindor gang?" Draco Malfoy bounded down the hill to the lake, where Amelia and her friends were seated.

"I'm gonna slap him," Parvati swore and Amelia definetly saw Seamus grin to himself.

"How are you lot today? Long time no see!" Malfoy looked happier than a pig in slops.

"Piss off Malfoy," Lavender shot at him.

"Big words," Draco hissed, "unfortunately, I don't take orders from you,"

"Nobody wants you here, stop antagonizing us," Hermione slammed her books shut and glared at him.

"How dare you speak to me? Shut your mouth you filthy mudblood!" Draco nearly shrieked at her.

At his words, everyone stood up and started shouting. Wands whipped out of pockets and jabbed towards Malfoy.   Malfoy and his Slytherin gang (not just his usual half wit crones, but about ten deplorable delinquents)

"Take it back you prick," Amelia hissed through clenched teeth.

"Never," Malfoy breathed.

"You don't have to be a dick, remember?" She said quietly

"I don't give a damn about mudbloods, Granger can go to hell for all I care" Draco sneered and Amelia was filled with rage. She ran over and shoved him so he almost fell over, then pulled out her wand. All the Slytherins and Gryffindors did the same.

"Take out your wand Draco," she challenged and he quickly scrambled to his feet.

"You don't want to fight me Merlin, I don't play nice,"

Amelia laughed dryly, "you think I do? You don't have shit on me Malfoy. Insult my friends one more time and I'll show you just how I fight," she pointed her wand threateningly.

Amelia was sick of Slytherin scum, walking around in this world, feeling entitled to whatever they pleased. She wouldn't stand for it one more day.

Draco made a slashing movement and shouted "Ducklifors!" The jinx hit Seamus in the chest and he shot back, his nose grew into a bill and something like feathers, sprouted out of his head. Lavender screamed and Amelia's blood boiled.

"I'll get you for that Malfoy!" Ron shouted and ran at him, but Amelia was faster.

She raised her hands and gallons of lake water rose with her. Amelia made a shoving motion and it hit the Slytherins full force, knocking them all back.

"Stay the hell away from us Malfoy or it's more that just a bit of water that'll be pulverizing you next!" She warned. The Gryffindors looked thoroughly impressed and Amelia smiled as she walked back to where they were. But she was only happy for a moment.

"Merlin!" A silky voice shouted from behind her, making her groan.

Snape.

"She attacked us professor!" Draco whined.

"Just what is this? You terrorizing an innocent group of first years?"

"It didn't happen like that," she shot at the greasy professor. "He provoked me."

"Did he hurt your feelings?" Snape said, condescending her.

"It's not like that!" Amelia's adrenaline got the best of her as she shouted him.

"I don't believe you," Snapes lips curled into a smirk and Draco looked like he'd just seen the face of god. "Come with me, Miss Merlin," he whipped around and strode back to the castle with his cloak billowing behind him.

"Where are we going?" She had to jog to keep up with him.

"My office, I need to write out your detention."

"I didn't do anything wrong!" Amelia yelled. She stopped walking and balled up her hands, ready to punch Snape out. "You didn't even listen to my side of the story! You just assumed! It's not fair!" 

Snape spun on his heel to face her. "I shall decide what is fair. Not you, do you understand?" His voice was dangerously low but Amelia didn't care.

"I'm not doing anything you say." She stuck her chin out and crossed her arms.

"Fifty points from Gryffindor!" Snape declared then continued walking as though the matter were settled.

"That doesn't change anything!" Amelia yelled.

"Another twenty!" Snape shouted from down the corridor. And Amelia walked towards him, like she was on a serious mission.

"I don't give a damn about points! You can take every single one of them for all I care! You're still a hypocrite!" She was in Snapes office now and he was furious.

"What did you call me?" He breathed.

"I called you a hypocrite! What kind of teacher hates kids? You play favourites and you claim to be so fair and you act so righteous. Maybe you should get off your high horse and take a look at what you really are!"

Amelia was done with Snape. She was sick of letting people like Draco and Snape and her father, say whatever they wanted to her. It was about time she truly stood up for herself, and not in a courtroom where she was protected.

"Headmasters office. Now." Snape got up and they walked in silence to Dumbledore's office.

After Snape explained the so called atrocity of what Amelia had done, Dumbledore excused him and she was alone with the headmaster.

He looked very tired when he took off his glasses to speak, "Amelia, tell me what happened."

So Amelia did. Everything from Draco constantly antagonizing her friends, to him cursing Seamus, to throwing water at him, to Snapes interference.

"What spell did you use?" Dumbledore asked when she was finished.

"What?" Amelia was taken aback by the odd inquiry.

"What spell did you use to throw the water?" He repeated calmly.

Amelia felt strangely vulnerable. She hadn't used any spell. But she wasn't sure if she could tell Dumbledore that. Amelia couldn't quite pin point what it was, but she didn't trust Dumbledore completely. Maybe it was the dreams she had been having for days, about a tree giving her Dumbledore's head.

"Wingardium leviosa," Amelia said quietly after some time. Dumbledore sighed and put his glasses back on.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes sir. I don't know any other spells to make water fly." Her voice was robotic and higher pitched than usual.

"I suppose you're right," he gave her a small smile.

"Am I still in trouble?"

"No my dear, I will give you fifty points back, you won't have to go to detention. But you must apologize to Professor Snape.

Amelia shook her head, "I'd rather lose a hundred points and have detention every day for the rest of the year!"

"Precisely!" Dumbledore's eyes twinkled. "Oh and Amelia?"

"Yes?" She said sullenly.

"I found something out about that story I told you," Amelia straightened up a bit, "You remember Majka? Well her name wasn't Majka, it's actually Kaiyo. Majka is a title used by your family to signify an important individual."

"Like a leader?" Amelia replied.

"Yes exactly! And often a warrior as well."

Amelia slept soundly that night. It was like that release of energy helped her relax. She didn't have any disturbing dreams and when she woke the next morning Amelia felt refreshed.

Unfortunately her day was downhill from there.