Part Twenty Three: A Meeting with Dumbledore

A/n please comment! Love you!

"Oliver!" Amelia hissed from across the greenhouse, trying to get those dark curls to turn around. "Oliver!"

"Miss Merlin!" Professor Sprout called from the front of the room, and Amelia winced. "Do you have something to say to the class?"

"I was only saying how lovely your new haircut is Professor," she said cheekily. It was a good thing her teacher had a sense of humour.

"Thank you dear! Now can you tell me the three names for this plant?" She held up a blue flower with green leaves and stem.

Amelia of course knew what it was, "Aconite, wolfs bane or monkshood."

"Very good! Five points to Gryffindor!" Professor Sprout continued lecturing them about the properties of aconite as they took down notes about the plant. Amelia did a little sketch because she was bored and already knew about the plant.

"Oliver!" She tried again. Amelia wanted to talk to him about Dumbledore's message. She didn't want to talk to the girls about it because they were awfully self absorbed and the boys in Gryffindor were so....... Well they were boys. And she didn't want Fred and George worrying about her so that ruled them out. Which left Oliver.

He turned around and gave her the stop or you'll get us in trouble look while she returned with don't be such a baby. Oliver shot back an indignant I am not a baby! And Amelia just had to reply with of course you're not darling.

Finally Professor Sprout stopped talking and they were given a worksheet to do in small groups so Amelia rushed to Oliver's side.

"I have some crazy news for you!" She said with a slightly wild look that both terrified and excited Oliver.

"Can you tell me after we finish the worksheet?"

"Oliver sweetie, I can do this in my sleep, then you can copy off me it'll be fine," she waved her hand, dismissing it. Oliver sighed and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Alright what do you got for me sugar?"

"Don't call me sugar," she glared at him.

"Yeah for sure, whatever you say." he shrugged.

"Okay, I won't tell you" she patted him on the knee.

"Alright fine, just tell me the news! You're killing me!" he laughed. 

"Dumbledore wants me to go to his office after this class and talk with him,"

"Oh Amelia!" He reprimanded, "what did you do now?"

"Nothing I swear!" She held her hands up in defends. Oliver gave her the I don't believe you one bit look. "Okay nothing he would know about. And nothing worth a talking to. Okay there's a few things that should maybe get a talking to but he would probably just find them funny anyways!"

"You are insane you know that right? Like literally the craziest, weirdest person I know,"

"Aww thanks Ollie!" She pinched his cheek making him very uncomfortable.

"Don't call me Ollie,"

"You can call me sugar if I can call you Ollie?" Amelia compromised. Oliver agreed and they shook on it.

"Alright sugar," Oliver put on a Boston accent, which was both weird and adorable, "What are we gonna do, about your situation?"

Amelia snickered, "You sound like an idiot. That's a terrible accent,"

"Okay let's see yours hot shot!"

She cracked her knuckles and rolled her shoulders back. "It's more like this," she tried the Boston accent with many hand gestures and a Robert De Niro  facial expression.

"I wish I had a mirror, so you could see just how awful that was," Oliver said quite seriously.

"Yeah Rivers? I wish I had a pensive so I could keep that memory and revisit it with you whenever I want. So when we are old and senile I can still make fun of you!"

The class ended and Oliver escorted her to Dumbledore's office.

"I hope he doesn't kick me out, or yell at me," Amelia frowned.

"Or if he goes the I'm disappointed in you kinda thing," Oliver suggested.

"Oh that's the worst!" They looked at each other and Amelia felt her bravery come back. "Okay I think I can do this,"

"You go sugar!" Oliver called after her as she climbed up the stairs. Amelia waved to him and watched his scrawny body walk away. She knocked on the door and entered when told.

"Hello sir. Sorry but I didn't bring any candy this time," she sat down in the chair across from the headmaster.

"That's quite alright! I wanted to talk to you about something rather strange that happened at the trial," he looked at her down the end of his nose, through those half moon spectacle, "I think you made the chair attack your father."

Well no beating around the bush on this one are we? "I didn't really mean to, stuff just happens when I get scared." She tried to get Dumbledore to see that she wasn't evil or anything.

"Yes I expect it does. But my dear we must learn to control these things,"

"I am learning!" She insisted, Amelia was about to tell him about the words, but then remembered her promise to Jeremy. "I just focus on my Druid blood and let nature be the channel for my magic rather than my wand. I can do it with regular spells too! My wand does a bit of work but I really just use my hands and my wand just happens to be there so no one notices!"

Amelia immediately wondered if she should have told Dumbledore all that information. Maybe not.....

"Nature can be," he paused looking for the right word, "unpredictable. It's best not to rely on it fully. I think it would be a good idea if I gave you private lessons. Then I can really show you how to control your power. What do you think?"

Private lessons with the most powerful wizard there was, let's think, um yeah! "I would really appreciate that sir!"

"Excellent! It's settled then. I will send you a note when our first class is. Until then, good day Miss Merlin," Amelia left the office and skipped down to supper. She sat with Fred and George and heard all about how they charmed all the boys showers to be freezing cold. Which just seemed evil to Amelia but she chuckled anyways.

Four days later, she received a note from Dumbledore.

Tonight. Eight o'clock. By the pumpkin patch.