Part Twenty Eight: Fred finds Amelia's drawings

A/n please comment so I know how you feel! Things are getting a bit darker up here! Let me know what you think about Amelia! Do you like her or do you find her annoying! Please tell me!

Studying.

More studying.

Even more studying.

Amelia though she would go more mental than she already was if she had to spend one more minute bloody studying. With exams coming up, the teachers had loaded on the work to help prepare them. Amelia had finished all her Herbology work and History of Magic(she was actually pretty good at writing essays). But there was still so much more to do.

Her star charts needed completion. Her potions essays had to be edited. The transfiguration theories hadn't even been started and god help her when it came to charms.

Amelia had also promised Neville she could help him, and she wasn't about to become a liar. So she and Neville slaved  away in the library. Desperate to finish and understand everything. The candles were dim and their ink bottles  were nearly dry by the time they called it a day.

Amelia's days consisted of studying, helping Neville, class, and homework. She hardly ate and she never slept.

Amelia didn't care for sleeping anymore. She was over it.

So she stayed up all night, drawing and studying. She kept her drawings in a book beside her bed, Amelia didn't want anyone seeing them.

Why you ask? That's because Amelia had been drawing her nightmares. Documenting her terrors. If someone were to open that book they would see Albus Dumbledore's head being held by a giant tree. They would see werewolves, and snakes and lizards. They would see armies and battles and bloodshed.

The kind, sweet, fierce and intelligent girl Amelia was during the day (the one everybody adored) was not the same girl in the night. Something had truly changed within her. The culmination of her fathers abuse, her nightmares and her powers, had left behind a very scary sight. She wasn't afraid anymore, Amelia didn't whimper at the thought of her father. She no longer minded the stares and the whispers that followed her everywhere. Amelia Merlin had almost forgotten how to feel altogether.

She took this as a blessing. This way she could fake being happy without it tearing her up inside, she could study without getting exhausted and she didn't have to eat or sleep.

No one even noticed. They saw the same girl that had been with them all year long. The loyal friend, the one who made them laugh and always listened to their problems.

"Amy!" It was a glorious day outside when Fred sat beside her on the lake shore.

"Fred! How are you?" She gave him her best smile.

"I'm great, how are you?"

"Well I'm a bit stressed, lots of exams to study for!" She cheerily said.

"Yeah I guess that's right." Fred stared intently at her book bag, making Amelia feel uncomfortable. "What's this?" He grabbed her sketch book and before Amelia could snatch it he started to look.

"Fred give it back!" Her happy facade shattered in an instant. "That's personal!"

Fred ignored her grabbing hands and harsh words. "What are these Amelia?" He looked.......

Disgusted.

"It's nothing Fred! Their just drawings!" She insisted.

Fred held up the one of Dumbledore's head. "And this one Amelia? Please tell me how you really feel about our headmaster!"

"Fred please it's nothing!" But he didn't look convinced so Amelia told him the truth. "It's all in my dreams."

"Your dreams?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. My nightmares more like it. I get them all the time it's really not a big deal. It just helps to draw it out." She grabbed the book out of his hands and shoved it back in her bag.

"You need help, Amy." He took her hand in his but Amelia yanked it away.

"I am Amelia Merlin, I don't need any help." She drew herself up to her full height and got up to walk away. Before she took her first step, Fred grabbed her arm.

"Don't be thick Amelia!" He warned.

"Get off me!" She glared at Fred.

He rolled his eyes. "Come on Amelia! You don't have to be alone!"

If only that were true. But she knew, for some reason she knew she had to be alone. "Get off me or I will hurt you. And you know I can."

"No you can't." He dismissed. "Remember? You tried that once!"

Amelia remembered the incident with the spear branches. "I wasn't in control then. I am now. And you would do best to get out of my way."

Fred looked sad. He sighed and stepped away, letting go of her arm. "Have it your way love, just remember, I love you."

Amelia felt a shred of guilt but pushed it away. She went to the library and studied until kicked out. Then she studied all night long and didn't think about Fred once.

But little did she know what that lanky boy was up to.

Fred Weasley entered Dumbledore's office with a piece if paper clutched in his hand. "I'm worried about her, sir."

"As am I, Mr. Weasley. May I see it?" Fred handed him the drawing of a giant lizard, holding her limp body in its mouth.

"What do we do?" Fred sounded on the verge of tears.

"You keep being her friend. She needs you now. I can handle the rest." Dumbledore comforted him and just before Fred left he asked him a question.

"You'll keep her safe right?" He insisted.

"I will do everything in my, if I say so myself, considerably ability, to keep Miss Merlin safe."

"Amelia." Fred corrected then left the office.

Dumbledore sat down in his chair and removed his glasses. He put his head in his hands and sighed. For there are some things in this world not even he could protect her from. And they were coming very soon.