Part Fifty Four: The Chamber of Secrets

Equality789 Buddyboo452 Pinklie12345678910 a/n this chapter is for you guys! Thanks for voting and commenting! Hope you keep enjoying this!

"Ginny!" Amelia shook the shoulders of the girl with flaming red hair, her wand lay on the ground beside Ginny. She was so pale, and cold. Amelia had her fair share of terrifying events, but nothing came close to this moment. "Ginny please," her voice broke and Amelia felt tears race down her cheeks.

"She won't wake." A voice said behind her.

Amelia whipped around and glared at the young man standing near her. "And who the fuck are you?"

"We've met." He was strangely chivalrous and something about his small smile said trust me. "Don't you remember?" Amelia shook her head.

"Whats your name?" The man opened his mouth to answer, but at the far end of the hall there was a noise. He smirked and Amelia turned to see Harry Potter running towards her.

"Amelia!" He cried. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Oh god," Harry looked down at Ginny. "Please don't be dead, please wake up! Ginny come on!"

"She won't wake." The man repeated and Harry looked up, apparently he hadn't noticed him before.

Harry looked shocked and a sudden realization spread across his features. "Tom-Tom Riddle?"

Tom Riddle nodded, Amelia breathed a slight sigh of relief. For a moment she thought it might have been Akkedis.

"What d'you mean she won't wake?" Harry said desperately. "She's not - she's not -?"

"She's still alive," said Riddle. "But only just."

"What are you?" Amelia blurted out. "You don't look real but you're not a ghost either."

Riddle smiled at her. "Clever girl. I'm a memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years." He said quietly and pointed to a small black book by the statues toes.

"I don't believe you." Amelia stuck her chin out in defiance and rose to her feet. "I've never heard of magic that can do that."

"Yes, and no ones ever heard of a witch who can do magic without her wand." Tom's voice seemed to fill the cracks in every stone and Amelia's heart pounded so loudly.

She pressed her lips together and stared intently at Riddle, who didn't back down.

"You guys have got to help me," Harry raised Ginny's head. "We've got to get her out of here. There's a Basilisk ... I don't know where it it, but it could be along any moment. Please help me ... "

"A basilisk?" Amelia knew what it was but she couldn't believe she might actually get to see one. No scratch that, she didn't want to see it, that would be very bad for her.

But it would be kind of cool....

Harry turned to pick up his wand but it was gone, and so was Amelia's. "Did you see-?" Harry started.

Riddle was twirling their wands in his long fingers.

"Thanks." Harry stretched out his hand for it, but Riddle just smiled.

Amelia stared at him, at she got an uneasy feeling, like the smile that once said trust me, now sounded more like I will kill you, and you'll never see it coming.

"Listen," Harry said urgently. "We've got to go! If the basilisk comes..."

Riddle calmly replied. "It won't come until it's called."

Harry lowered Ginny to the floor. "What d'you mean? Look, give me my wand, I might need it."

Riddle's smile broadened. "You won't be needing it."

"What d'you mean, I won't be-?"

"Harry..." Amelia cautioned.

"We don't have time for this!" Harry said, losing patience.

"I don't trust him, Harry."  Amelia said quietly, never averting her eyes from the man in front of her.

"You are a very interesting girl, Amelia, may I call you that?" He smiled and she nodded. "Very well, as much as I enjoy your being here, you need to leave."

"I'm not going anywhere without Ginny and Harry." Amelia felt herself preparing for a fight.

"Unfortunately, I need them." Tom said graciously.

"Unfortunately, I don't care what you need. I'm not leaving without my friends."

Without warning, something strange happened, Riddle gave a small flick with Harry's wand and Amelia could feel her body fall to the ground beside Ginny, she distantly heard Harry yell, "What are you doing to her?", but her mind was somewhere else entirely.

It was a grassy field, full of wild flowers and she could hear sparrows chirping. It was like something from a fairy tale. In the middle of the field, her mother, brother, and father sat on a picnic blanket.

"Amelia, my sweetheart!" Her mother beckoned her to come sit. "How are you, little dove?"

"Is this real?" Amelia voice broke slightly as she cautiously walked over to her family.

"Of course it's real!" Her father smiled as put an arm around her when she sat down.

"I- I don't understand. How can this be real?" Amelia felt so safe under her dad's arm and surrounded by people who loved her.

"It can be real if you want it, Mia." Jeremy smiled at her.

Amelia felt tears welling in her eyes. "I do, I want it to be real so badly."

"Then stay here, sweet one." Her mother stroked her hair. "We love you so much. And we are so proud of you, Amelia."

Amelia stood up abruptly, and didn't bother to wipe her tear splattered face. "You're a liar."  Her voice came out fragile.

"Amelia!" Her mother sounded heartbroken, and her face contorted into sadness.

"You don't love me." She sobbed. " I know that. Please don't lie to me. I don't want to hear it."

Her mother stood up and hugged her. Wrapping her arms around Amelia's shaking body. "Don't say such things. I love you Amelia. You're my daughter."

She sobbed into her shoulder, but when Amelia looked up, she saw the wolf. Standing there, not growling this time, just looking at her.

Amelia pushed her mother away. "No." She said with a blazing look on her face. "Stay away from me."

The wolf padded over to her and stood by her side. Amelia looked down at it and smiled, "hello friend."

The wolf gave a loud bark and the grassy field snapped out of her vision in an instant.

Amelia had clearly been gone a while, because when she returned the scene was utter chaos. Harry stood, waving a giant sword at a massive, blind, basilisk while Riddle watched and taunted.

Nobody noticed that Amelia was back, so she used that to her advantage.

Sneaking up behind Riddle, she tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and with all the strength she had, Amelia punched him in the face.

"Stay out of my head, bitch."