Chapter 15:Classes

May had come. Saya had turned 14 as one day she was reading the paper as Rean walked downstairs "Morning big brother!" Saya smiled and gave Rean a hug as usual.

"Good morning." Rean said, patting her on the shoulder as she crushed his spine.

"Why won't you do it on the head!?" Saya questioned.

"I...um..." Rean stuttered nervously. He then patted her on the head a few times.

"Mmm...Remember Big brother! They are called headpats! Not shoulder pats! They are meant for the head!" Saya told him sternly.

"What about normal pats?" Rean asked.

"Backpats and shoulder pats are meh. Headpats are best!" Saya nodded.

"If you say so." Rean commented, freeing himself of her grasp and going to get himself some food.

"So Big brother. It turns out my hunch was correct! And the stolen goods were recovered! Those guards got arrested in a prison the Duke can't easily reach. Celdic now has some RMP and Intelligence officers stationed there!" Saya explained. "See. I made you a solution where you didn't have to compromise your good boiness!"

Saya made up that last word, but its meaning being obvious.

"Good boiness?" Rean asked.

"Yep. You're a nice person big brother! A naive one but a nice one none the less. So I made a solution where things got better without you having to compromise your morality!" Saya stated again. "Tho don't expect me to always be able to make these good of solutions. This was just a easy one."

Rean wasn't sure how to respond. Partially because he didint know if he was being insulted or praised, but also because he wasn't sure if praising her for doing 'the right thing'  would make her mad or not.

"I see." Rean had said simply, pouring himself a drink.

"Big brother..I am doing good right?" Saya asked clearly desiring praise.

"Of coure!" Rean said enthusiastically, taking a drink out of the coffee cup.

"I found a club you might like also." Saya said showing him a list of clubs and pointing at the fishing club.

"Fishing huh? What makes you say that?" Rean asked.

"From what I heard from the master you are into fishing. Tho it being third hand info I don't know how reliable it is." Saya told him. Rean looked at her for a second. He knew she was talking about the master of their school of swordsmanship tho he wasn't surprised she used any source she could to find out about him.

"Yeah I suppose I like fishing quite a bit." Rean admitted to Saya.

"Hehehe. I knew it!" Saya nodded. "So when are we heading to class?"

"Same time as usual." Rean said, prepping himself a bowl of branded cereal.

Saya nodded and smiled.
—-------------------------------
A few days later. As the bell rings Saya rushed out at of class quicker then usual.

"Is she ok?" Emma asked "she's been avoiding staying longer then a second longer then she needs too lately."

"Now that you mention it, it's a little weird. She's not even harassing Rean." Elliot said.

"No,I'm still getting my daily affection and disses. She's just been eating earlier and later and not staying later then she has to." Rean corrected then explained.

"Hmm...that's awfully suspicious." Machias the nerd stated.

"She's nothing but suspicious. When she isn't being suspicious she's being honest." Fie explained.