chapter twelve; nonsense

"when you got your arms around me, it feels so good i had to jump the octave! i think i got an ex but i forgot him..." nonsense; sabrina carpenter

I WAS SO incredibly beyond nervous for today. It was the day that we were going to film the most important Percabeth scene in season one; the tunnel of love. My acting for today had to be spot on. I also had to jump into water today, which wasn't going to be fun. The pool was going to be warm, but the Vancouver air was going to freeze us to death as soon as we jumped out of the water.

"So today, we're filming the Tunnel o' Love." I spoke into the interviewers camera, with Walker sitting beside me.

"This is where Maya and I really have to hide our hate for each other." He teased, earning a solid slap on the arm from me. "I'm kidding. I love her. She hates me."

I giggle. "No, I love him too. I'm just scared to jump into the water."

"What do you guys think about this scene?" The man behind the camera asked.

"Uh, I think it's probably the most monumental scene in season one. Annabeth goes into the cave thinking Percy's a blubbering idiot, and comes out respecting him. Personally, I think the tunnel of love is the moment where Annie starts crushing on him, but that's up for debate." I said, turning to Walker.

"I agree. This scene is really different from the books as well, but I think it's a good change. Personally, I kinda prefer this to the original version." Walker spoke, shrugging. I nodded in agreement.

"How do you guys feel about the future development of Percy and Annabeth's relationship?" Dan, the producer, asked.

"I think Percabeth is the greatest love story of all time. Best slow burn, best she fell first he fell harder, best enemies to friends to lovers, all of the above." I gushed, earning a smile from Walker.

"I honestly can't wait to act out their relationship in the future seasons." Walker admitted. "Percabeth was the first love story I'd ever read, so I'm excited to re-enact it through my perspective."

"You just wanna kiss me." I teased.

He shrugged. "That as well."

——

My stomach still fluttered thinking about the words Walker spoke before. Admitting that he wanted to kiss me. I knew It was a joke, but I wanted it to be real so badly. I was still thinking about it as the pair of us were shoved into a boat together, and pushed down a stream.

"Fuck I'm scared. OH! Sorry, I forgot this was Disney." I said, turning to the camera man who was filming for the documentary. The crew laughed.

"Sorry about that one. She's a little unhinged." He whispered, jokingly.

I glared at him threateningly. "I'll push you in."

All he did was grin happily. "And I'll cherish those moments where your hands are on me."

I screwed my face up at him. "I know that was meant to be cute, but ew."

The little boat steadily moved down the stream, as the producer finally shouted "Action!"

We fell into a nervous silence as the boat slowly passed. Then What is love started playing, echoing throughout the tunnel. I couldn't refrain from laughing. "Sorry! I'm sorry!" I giggled as the boat was pulled back up the channel, and we restarted the scene.