chapter twenty; full machine

"if you asked me to run away, i'd go easily." full machine ; gracie abrams.

MY CLAMMY, COLD hands gripped the back of Walkers neck desperately as we wadded in the deep water. The gentle moonlight kissed our damp skin as we held each other extremely close.

I found myself incapable of looking away from the boy. I was awestruck - lost in his ocean eyes. I twirled his curls between my fingers and the nape of his neck.

"Maya." Walker whispered, not looking away from me. I didn't say anything; I merely gazed back at him, chewing on the inside of my cheek. At the absence of my response, the blonde boy brushed wisps of hair from my face. He gazed at me, tracing my features with his soft fingertips like I was a piece of art. He stared at me often. I didn't doubt that Walker knew every angle of my face by now.

"Mimi." He repeated, and I nodded this time. No one had ever called me by that nickname before. Vinnie called me Moo, JJ called me M, my mom called me Yaya, but Walker was the only person to call me Mimi. I liked it that way.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered so softly that his words almost were lost amongst the wind. I peered back at the boy for a minute, before nodding ever so slightly in response.

My eyes fluttered closed as he finally pulled his lips to mine, warmth over taking my entire body.

I felt his hand on the small of the back, holding me to him and my hands remained around his neck. When we finally pulled away, all I could do was smile like an idiot.

"You're so pretty." Walker said, out of breath. I laughed, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. "You are!" He laughed, pulling me back up so he could look at me.

"You're too sweet for me." I exhaled, playing with his hair. The blonde boy smiled in adoration, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I was thinking, Mimi..." Walker spoke, murmuring.

"You've been doing a lot of that lately." I teased him, to which he rolled his eyes. That boy was too sassy for his own good.

"I didn't know when the appropriate time to do this was, but I don't think I can wait much longer." He further explained, and I think I knew where it was going. The butterflies lurched in my stomach.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend, Wise Girl?"

For a moment, I stared at the boy. In silence. But I couldn't contain my smile for long.

"Of fucking course I do, Seaweed Brain. It only took you fifteen years."

——

HOT WOMEN 💯

may 💋
WE KISSED

didi 💕
OH. MY. GOD.

leelee 💝
who saw that coming? (me, i did)

momo 🌸
UGH MY BABIES ARE ALL
GROWN UP

ari baby 💜
WHAT???

sunster ☀️
YAYAYAYAY

xoch ❤️!
I LOVE BEING RIGHT