chapter fourteen; fast times

"Three stories up here contemplating, but what the fuck is patience?" fast times ; sabrina carpenter

WE HAD OFFICIALLY been filming for Percy Jackson for two months now. JJ, Vinnie and My mom had been coming back and forth between home and Vancouver, and they were currently gone. Leaving me to have pretty much free reign over my free time.

Walker and I still hadn't spoken about what had happened between us - or what nearly happened. Obviously, we couldn't avoid each other, and we had worked together all day everyday for the last week. Not to mention the countless interviews and articles in which they mentioned our on-and-off screen relationships, the ship fan accounts, and the hundreds of edits of us together.

The only thing that was holding me together was the fact that Sunny arrived in Vancouver tomorrow, and would be here for a little over a month, much to Adam and Jackie's distaste. Sadie would also be joining us in a couple weeks.

Dior, Charlie and I had decided to spend the day together. We had just left the hotel when a notification popped up on my phone.

dylan

yo you still in vancouver ?

yeah filming for pjo

when are you heading back ?
i wanna talk before we start filming
together
clear up some stuff yk

yeah i get that
i'll be back in september
a few months from now

sounds good
i never got to tell you how proud
i am of you btw
i know this was such a big dream
for you

thanks dyl
it means a lot

"Are you seriously texting Dylan right now?" Dior exclaimed, peaking over my shoulder. I quickly locked my phone, pulling it to my chest.

"We're going to be co-stars. We can't keep ignoring each other." I defended myself, knowing it was going to do no good. I knew that me talking to Dylan didn't mean anything. My feelings laid elsewhere now. Elsewhere, with a boy that refused to acknowledge them.

"Dylan, hey?" Charlie looked up at me, sceptical. "Like your ex, Dylan?" A strange expression crossed his face.

I sighed, annoyed. "Yes, my ex, Dylan. Does it matter? We aren't even friends, he just asked if I was still in Vancouver."

Dior grimaced. "Oh, no. Did he say anything else?"

"Only that he wanted to talk."

She groaned, and Charlie shook his head sadly. "He wants you back so bad." she said.

I gasped, covering my mouth. "No, he doesn't! Does he?"

"Do you want him back?" Charlie asked, hopelessly, his dark eyes baring into mine.

I cocked my head at him, smiling knowingly. "No, Charlie. I don't want him back. He was a wonderful experience, but one that wasn't meant to last." His cheeks tinged pink before he broke eye contact with me.