chapter sixteen; cinnamon girl

"if you hold me without hurting me you'd be the first who ever did." cinnamon girl ; lana del rey

"YES MUM, I know. Yes, we're fine. Okay! I'll remember, I promise! I'll see you in a couple weeks. Yes, love you, bye." After an hour of my mother hounding me and Sunny on the phone, quadruple checking that we were okay, I was finally able to hang up on her.

I loved my mom, but she was a worrier.

"You know what, your mom is right to worry. She's gone for a couple weeks and you've decided that you now know how to drive a car. You're fifteen in October, May. That's still not legal age." Sunny lectured me as I turned the key in the ignition after placing my phone down.

"Relax, Sunny. It can't be that hard. Besides, it's Charlie's car. If we get pulled over, he'll get the ticket, not me." I shrugged, turning to grin at my best friend. She glared at me, stunned.

"That is not the relief that you think it is."

Truth be told, I didn't know how to drive. But I needed to get to this photoshoot, and no one could drive me. I wasn't an expert on the Vancouver streets, but I was fairly sure that I could find my own way.

I didn't even have to drive very far, it wasn't even for ten minutes. But ten minutes is a long time to keep control of a vehicle when you don't know how.

"This is a bad idea. Can't you reschedule?" Sunny pleaded with me as I turned on the engine of Charlie's brand new Jeep.

"Nope. Would you have the guts to cancel on Miss Hailey Bieber herself? I didn't think so." I snapped at her, causing the girl to cross her arms and roll her eyes at me. We had become so close over the last ten years, that we were practically siblings. Or we bickered like we were, anyway.

I had a photoshoot with Rhode that day, if you hadn't picked up on that. In the last week, Hailey had reached out to me and asked if I wanted to be an ambassador, especially for their younger audience. Obviously, I said yes.

Just before I tried to steer off the curb, a notification lit up my phone, showing off a lock screen of a blonde boy and a brunette girl. I smiled, softly.

I laughed as I placed my phone down, receiving a call from the boy as I began to drive and Sunny screamed beside me

"She's going to kill me!" She exclaimed into my phone, answering for me.

"Calm down, Sunshine. The road isn't busy - it's practically a test drive." I hushed her, to which she grunted in protest.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Walkers voice echoed through the phone. "The one day I'm not with you, you decide that you can drive a freaking car? Whose car is this?"