chapter twenty six; how many things

"there's no hiding from the thought of us, i've got ways to find you anywhere." how many things ; sabrina carpenter

"HELLO, I'M MAYA Fontaine, and today I am doing the wired autocomplete interview! Pass me the first board, pretty please."

"Okay, first question. I'm actually quite terrified." I hissed through my teeth as I was handed the first board of questions. "When did Maya Fontaine...become famous? Huh, good question."

I threw the little piece of paper away as it stuck to my fingers. "I think that I first became 'famous' when I landed the role of Marina in The Pearl in the Ice. It's debatable, since some would say I became famous when I played Marlene in The Marauders. Whatever, it's up to you." I grinned at the camera.

"Next... Does Maya Fontaine sing? Uh, no." I giggled, hiding my face behind the board out of embarrassment. "Maybe I do. Look, I was a theatre kid. I did Heathers the musical, Mean girls the musical, Legally Blonde the musical... I sang in those, and I love to sing. Someday in the future I may become a pop star. We never know." I shrugged, reaching for the next question.

"Okay... who is Maya Fontaine dating? That's a good one." I blushed a little, looking away from the character. "I've been advised against making my dating life public. But, I can make my own mistakes. I am dating the gorgeous Walker Scobell, or Percy Jackson as you may know him." I winked at the camera, making the my manager shake her head jokingly.

"My manager Mindy is looking at me very disappointedly right now. I'm sorry, my love." I laughed at her reaction, making her roll her eyes even more.

"Is Maya Fontaine a good actress? God, I hope so." I laughed nervously at the question, looking to the other people behind the camera for help. "I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I think I might be. I don't think I would have won all the awards that I have if I wasn't a good actress."

I threw the board like a frisbee at the camera, having revealed all the questions.

"Next board was please and thank you." I held my hand out to the man, who held it out for me.

"I'm still really scared. I don't know what's coming." I giggled nervously, pulling away the first sticker on the board. "Who did Maya Fontaine... play in Harry Potter? That's an easy one. Ronald Weasley. Next!"

"Does Maya Fontaine cuss? Fuck no, I would never." I gasped in offense, grasping at my chest. "Can we briefly talk about how weird the word cuss is, though? Can we not just say swear or curse? What the fuck does cuss even mean?"

"Why did Maya Fontaine and..." My heart dropped as I saw the name hidden behind the sticker. "... and Dylan Hoffman? Uh, I couldn't tell you. Why did Maya Fontaine and Dylan Hoffman? Good question."

I snickered at the comment, looking desperately at Mindy for some help. Being the millennial, maternal, iconic woman she was, all she did was hide her amusement behind her hand. I knew that she would be aggravated by this later and would most likely get someone to complain about these questions. But, for now, I had to suffer for the duration of this interview.

"Maya Fontaine dating history." I inhaled sharply after I revealed that question, looking between my manager and the camera. I could see the nerves rising on her face as she signaled for me to be evasive, but what was I supposed to do? Blatantly refuse to say anything? Instead, I pretended to stand up and leave, hoping for some comedic relief.

An eruption of laughter echoed from the behind set team. I tried to giggle off the awkwardness of the situation, but it was difficult. I new that while publicly dating Walker, I would get myself into many situations like this. If I was stressed out by a written interview, how could I handle face to face interrogations?