Chapter 3:Who is going to be my date at the dance

We watched two movies until it was time for me to go home.  Rose and Rachel dropped me at the entrance of the forest and l bid goodbye to them. They know that I live here because they visited me many times.

They only know that am a lantern wolf which means am wolfless, with no parents and l live by myself in the forest because I love nature besides no one can see mother nature except for me, well her daughter.

They bought my lie easily, they come to pick me up for University everyday so am used to them. I walked for five minutes and when l was deep enough l whistled for hunter to come and he soon came.

I bid goodbye to hunter and flew to my balcony when we arrived, the house actually has a small wooden elevator but l like to use my wings to my room. l went to bath and changed into more comfortable clothes, l went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Mom appeared when l was almost done cooking and she sat at the table. "How was your day mom, any luck in finding those poachers? I said serving the pasta l made and sat at the table.

"no luck, anyways how was your day too?

"It was good, l finished the assignment early and spent the day at their house."

"That's good to hear atleast you had a better day than me. Those pesky poachers need to be taught a lesson."

After a lively dinner l went to sleep early because l have to go to school tomorrow, it's Friday tomorrow.

I woke up at 6 O'clock and did my morning routine. I  wore a white T-shirt and blue jeans, l tied my hair into a high end pony tail, applied lip gloss and powered my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and satisfied with my look l went and rode hunter, we arrived at his stop and l bid goodbye.

I saw Rose and Rachel's car already waiting for me and the roadside. I ran towards them and entered the car. " Hi guys"l said sitting in the back.

"Girl are you sure you won't get murdered in that forest? Rose said with a raised brow.

"Relax, you know l have lived there for a long time." I said before we left.

We are currently in our Phycology class that is almost over. "Class l have an announcement to make. On the 25th of this month we are having a homecoming dance since it's your last semester and you will be graduating the day before the dance." Mrs Mary said said before the bell rang and we all left.

"So guys any plans for who to ask?" I said as we walked in the hallway.

"I am still thinking, how about you guys?" Trevor said draping his arm on my shoulders.

"I have no idea who ask. I'll just wait for someone to ask me." I answered truthfully as we entered the canteen.

"You sure do have a big appetite." Wayne said when we l sat with my tray. It's not that much, it's just four sandwiches, two apples and an orange, a pie and one fruit juice, well l do like my fruits very much.

"What about your own food, you say that l have big appetite but look how much you eat, we might as well have a food shortage here." I said pointing at his tray, he has two large burgers, three sandwiches, an apple and Soda.

He and Trevor both have their trays full but they say l eat a lot, well they're actually correct its just that today am not in the mood for too much food.

"We're wolves so we need a full stomach you know." Trevor said and I just shook my head.

"Thank goodness we only have one stomachs while others have two." Rachel said eating her sandwich. Suddenly Emma laughed making Emmy and l look at her.

'funny she's eating a sandwich when she is a witch.' Emma said still laughing.

'Yeah, so?' Emmy said with an expression that says 'what's funny about it' on her face.

'You guys don't get it'

'Yes'

'Never mind the joke has expired, you guys aren't fun.'Emma said sitting in her corner looking bored.

'Your jokes are dry so don't blame us for not laughing.'

'Let's read their thoughts and see who their planning to go with to the dance.' Emma said something we all agreed with.

Rose: l hope Wayne asks me for the dance, l would be so happy.

Trevor: what is the best way to ask Rachel for the dance so that she won't refuse?

Rachel: I want to ask Trevor before someone else.

Wayne: Please moon goddess help me overcome shyness and ask Rose for the dance.

I burst out laughing when l heard Wayne's thought, he is shy, for the first time,Wayne is shy about asking a girl for a dance.

"something funny Emerald and do you mind sharing with us." Trevor said and l  stopped laughing to think of an excuse.

"It's nothing l just thought of something funny." I said and he nodded, after we were done l patted Wayne's shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile before saying

"Don't be shy, believe in yourself and you will do it "

"huh" said and l left without answering him, he will figure it out. I went to my next class which is biology and l am the only one who does biology amongst us, so I'll  be alone.

I sat next to Harris who is my friend in the class. "Hi Emmy" he said once l sat down. He is really sweet, l think l should ask him for the dance after class. The teacher came and the lesson started soon.

I was really paying attention to the teacher when a letter was thrown at my desk. I opened the contents of it and read.
***
I would be glad if you except to be my partner at the dance on next Friday. You are the most beautiful beautiful girl l ever met.

You are the sun when am the moon, you are the stars that shine in my dark sky. If you refuse l would be so heartbroken.

Yours sweetly

Harris Williams
***
I was so touched by the letter when a note hit me again that said "  pass it to Bianca" l was so angry when l read but just passed the letter without complaining. I guess I will go alone this time. I huffed in annoyance and l lost focus on the whole lesson. The whole class ended with me ignoring Harris.