Chapter 14: Leaving

"We have arrived at the forest." he said parking the car on the side road.

He opened my door and we started walking until he stopped in his tracks looking around.

"What is it?"

"I sense a wild ani........

before he could finish what he wanted to say, Hunter roared.

"Stand right here it's a lion, I'll deal with it don't worry." He said and wanted to go Hunter but l stopped him by holding his hand.

"Don't hurt him, he thinks you are a threat that's why he roared so you stand here l will deal with it." I said and started walking before he appeared infront of me.

"What do you think you're doing, that's a freaking lion and you're just a girl, do you think you can fight a lion by yourself?" He said with furrowed brows and l just roll my eyes at him. Just because am a girl doesn't mean l can't do anything he does.

"Watch and learn." I said pushing him out of the way.

I went to my best friend hunter and pat his head.
'relax hunter, he is not a threat, he brought me home.' l mindlinked him and he purred understanding what l said.

I looked back at Ethan whose  jaw might fall off with shock. I just scoffed mentally at him.

"See l did it without violence included and besides he's my best friend Hunter." I said and he recovered from his shock and walked towards me.

"This is your pet?"

"Ehem he is my friend not pet, understand the difference and also he is coming with me to the Vampire realm, are we clear?.

"How did you become friends with a lion?"

Seriously he said that. What's the difference between a lion and wolf if l can make friends with one just like a werewolf.

"It's a long story. Let's get going." I said and climbed on Hunter coz l miss riding on his back.

"My feet are swelling because of this shoes so l will be riding hunter."

"You could have just that and we could have teleported rather than you riding that thing." He said and hunter growled at him.

"Hey he has a name and he is not a thing."

"Whatever the name is l don't care, that thing is not coming with us."

"If he is not coming then l won't come too" l said folding my hands on my chest daring if he refuses.

"You won't come just because of a lion?"

"Yes"

"Fine, it can come along with us." he said defeated and l smile, l knew this would work.

We continued walking, well they continued walking until we arrived. I said goodbye to hunter and mindlinked him everything he needs to know like where we're going and thank goodness he agreed to it.

He teleported us to the balcony.

"I love you so much Amor"

"I love you too Mr Vamp" l said smiling, he kissed me and this time I willingly accepted it.

'as if you were forced the last time.' Emma said rolling her eyes but I just ignore her, l far more better things to do than argue with her about this. Right now what's on my mind is enjoying the moment, nothing else.

"Good night Amor, see you tomorrow." He said after our lips parted.

"Good night love" l said to him too which made him smile widely revealing his left dimple. I love this guy.
He perked my chick and disappeared. I turned to my room only to find mom with a big grin plastered on her face beaming with happiness. I raised my brows not getting why she is standing there.

"Umm anything wrong"

"Nothing, just what I saw was interesting." She sitting on my bed. I sighed, l need to tell her about me leaving.

"Mom there is something important l need to tell you." I said and lifted my hand showing her the ring but she seemed not surprised.

"I know you're leaving and l permit you to go and start your life."

"But mom l don't want to leave you, you know how much I love you and it pains me so much to leave you" l said, tears threatening to fall, l try my best to hold it in but l started to cry.

Mom came and hugged while l cried on her shoulder.

"I you done crying now sweetheart." She said wiping my tears and l was sniffing trying not cry again.

"Yes" l answered my voice hoarse from crying.

"No need to worry about leaving me here because l will always be with you wherever you go, understand. This forest isn't my home, my home is everywhere nature lives so you just grow a plant and l will come anytime you want to see me."

"Really!" I said in disbelief at what she said.

"Yes, that's what l wanted to say but let you first clear your head."

"I am so relieved, l was worried that I will not be able to see you."

"Don't worry just do what I said and l will come."

"Mom there is something I need to ask you, Ethan said that I was his mate but you said that l won't find a mate but choose for myself, so what happened to that?" I said what was on my mind.

"ah...umm....about that, your aunt might have a hand in the match making and she told me when l saw the vamp.....l mean Ethan, l knew he was your mate but couldn't tell you because you had to figure out yourself who is it.

So l lied about you choosing yourself coz l knew if l told you that you have one you would reject Ethan before you found out he was your mate." She all of that in two paragraphs, l sighed. Mom and aunt sure love drama.

After the long talk with mom l finally went to bath and wore comfortable home clothes. I will really miss this house.

I fished out my phone in my PJs pocket and made a group video call to the twins and the boys.

"Hi guys, how was the the dance?" I said as the call connected.

"It was amazing, how was the date." Rose said wiggling her brows.

"Where did you go, a restaurant huh?" Trevor on the other side asked and everyone nodded their heads agreeing with what he said.

"I went to a beautiful place in the forest.........

"What! a forest on a date?"

"Ssshh Wayne, let her finish." Rose said and Wayne pouted keeping quiet.

"It was a dinner under the stars, it was beautiful decorated with roses and lanterns" l continued what l wanted to say before.

"Oooh, sorry for jumping to conclusions." Wayne said scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"That's why you need to shut up and listen" Rose said rolling her eyes.

"Guys l want to show you something" l said and showed them the ring on my finger. They gasped when they saw the ring.

"What tha F. but you met four days ago?" Trevor said

"Yes don't you think it's too soon?" Rachel said

"He is my mate that's why I agreed to it." I said and they all oh'ed.

"We understand but why does that ring look spooky, let me get a closer look." Rose said and l turned the phone camera towards the ring before she gasped making me confused as to why she did that.

"What's wrong?" I asked frowning.