Chapter 24: Punishment

Ethan's POV

I stood at the cell watching them prepare for the whipping. I didn't give her 100 whips just because of disobeying but there is more to her doings than that am punishing.

The guard whipped her but no sound came from her. She was whipped again and again but it seems that the whip isn't doing it's magic or she might have bribed one of the guards. I know her tricks.

I stepped inside and stopped them, they had already given 20 whips but it's not satisfying how she didn't even budge.

"Stop what you're doing" l said after l entered the cell. I signalled the guard who always follows me, he immediately left to get what l instructed him to get.

"Finally, Ethan you decide to stop these guards to whip me" Veronica said as if she saw an angel in front her, her acting is pathetic.

"I knew you love me and not that scrawny lady you brought as a fiancee."

"What did you say? If you look at yourself and her you think you're beautiful, looking at your face l feel disgusted but yet you compare yourself with her. One more thing, it's King and Queen to you so if l happen to hear you call me or her by names then consider yourself dead." I said, and just in time that my precious friend arrived so that l could vent my anger.

"W...what... is that?" Veronica stuttered looking at what the guard brought.

I smile wickedly looking at it, it just made my awful day exciting.

"Nothing, just a reminder of who is the King here." I said and took my signature whip, it has thorns made of silver and l know how much theses are gonna take longer to heal, what's more even worse is that blood quickens the healing speed but without it the wounds are sure gonna take a week to heal until she gets out here. Vampire's weakness is silver but l can withstand silver because am royalty.

"Guards, tighten the holds, if she manages to free herself then you know what happens." I said, they went and tightened the chains.

I swing the whip in the air, it directly landed on her back earning an ear piercing scream from her.

"Aaaaahhhh!!!!" She screamed so loud, l smiled wickedly. Now the fun begins.

I whipped again and again, she kept on screaming just like how it should have been in the first place but somehow she managed to bribe one of the guards and he's sure gonna pay for that.

"Please stop!!"Veronica pleaded.

"I don't think that's on the agreement coz it clearly states that you must be whipped 100 times, am l wrong?" I said and continued my art on her back.

"Please it was just a slap, nothing serious coz she didn't even get hurt at all." Veronica tried to reason with me but it was just funny that this girl still hasn't learned her lesson at all.

"So you're implying that you meant to hurt her. You think you're just being punished because of this, nuh hold on there. I know every single deeds you tried to pull out with your father, how you drugged me at that party but l told Alex to play along to see what your motives were. I thought you would change but the rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you followed your father." I said seething with anger.

"Please don't do this to me, you know l love you so much. For the sake of my love, please stop." Veronica said, l rolled my at her attempt to butter me with her lame excuse.

"Guard, how many so far?"

"Umm....27, my King." The guard said, l smiled at Veronica before saying.

" Tsk tsk tsk, there's still a long way to go."

I continued until I was done and went back home to my lovely fiancee, seeing her will make my anger vanish.

I have already dealt with the guard. I was about to enter the elevator when Alex appeared in front of me.

"Ethan, there are some important documents that need your signature as soon as possible." Alex said with urgency in his voice, I enter the elevator with him to my office. I wonder why l took the elevator when l could just teleport straight into the office.

Emerald's POV

Phew..... I am done cooking breakfast for Ethan. I thought of surprising him with breakfast but the cooking took longer than expected.

Ellen wanted to help but l insisted on doing it myself. She is just sitting there watching me move around the kitchen.

"Are you done yet, am hungry" Ellen whined in her chair resting her head on her palm.

"Didn't blame me, l told you to eat something else coz l might take a lot of time to finish." I said then started to place the food in the tray.

"Am done now, call the maids to prepare the table in the garden. I'll just go and get changed into something less messy and now my hair has flour." I said walking to the door before Ellen came in front of me ruffling my hair which led to a tornado of flour in my hair.

I started sneezing uncontrollably, after a couple of sneezes l finally stopped and a gave Ellen a death stare.

"What, am sorry. I just wanted to help before anyone makes you a laughing stock in the hallway." Ellen said

"You know l can teleport, right?" I said with a raised brow.

"Oh right, l forgot. Here you go your highness." She said with a teasing look. I roll my eyes at her.

"How childish." I said shaking my head and teleported back to my room. I quickly bathe and wore a simple dress and went out. I didn't put makeup on, l just moisturized my skin and applied balm on my lips. I went to Ethan's office first but found him buried with papers. When l say papers l mean stacks of them, the documents are so many. He didn't even notice my presence.

"Good morning love." I said to grab his attention.

"Morning Amor" he said, eyes still on the documents. I sighed and went to his desk.

"Are you busy?" Why did l say that, it's obvious that he's busy.

"Nevermind, let's go and have breakfast." I said but he shook his head refusing.

"I have to finish these documents first so you go and enjoy your breakfast." He said still signing the documents. I guess l have to do plan B. I teleported to the garden and saw Ellen instructing the maids for something.

"Where's Ethan?" Ellen asked as soon as she saw me.

"He won't be coming but I'll send the breakfast for him. Rebecca put his highness's food in the tray and go serve him I'll be right behind you." I instructed her and she began preparing.

"Ellen, I'll be back soon. You can start eating without me."

"Ok bye, take your time." She said.  I followed behind Rebecca coz she was now a bit far.

She knocked at the door twice before she was instructed to enter.

"My King , here is your breakfast." I could hear Rebecca's voice from where I am.

"Send it away am not hungry." Ethan answered.

"But..."

"It's not a request but an order." Ethan said with coldness laced in his voice.

"You won't eat even it is cooked by me?" I intervened raising my brows.

"You cooked the breakfast." Ethan said

"Yes, l cooked it for you but it seems you don't want to eat. What a waste." I said knowing fully well l hit the spot. There's no way he will refuse to eat.

"No no no am definitely hungry, it's just these documents made me lose my appetite but hearing that you cooked for me l can't to eat."