Chapter 5: The incident

"So girls, first things first what colours are you wearing?" Rachel said looking at numerous dresses.

We just arrived at the Mall ten minutes ago and we going to start selecting the dresses. " I'll go with blue"Rose said

"I'll go with green"l said

"So I'll go with pink then"Rachel said and we all start picking up lots of dresses for the selection, after about twenty minutes or so we finished picking up the nice ones and went to the changing booth for our small runway.

We finished our shopping and when we were busy chatting while we headed for the escalator down, a person running bumped into me resulting in me to loose my balance.

"Emerald!!!

"Ahhhhh!!! I screamed so loud as l was falling off the railing of the second floor. I closed my eyes 'this is it, l will die here' l waited for the impact but instead landed in a pair of strong arms.

I fainted before looking at the person who saved me.

Ethan's POV

After one heck of a meeting with the Alpha of Greenfield, l decided to pass by the Mall since I will staying here for few days l might as well tour around. I told my bodyguard Jack to wait for as l enter the mall.

While busy checking out the ties l spotted one of the most beautiful lady with those emerald green eyes wearing black looking like a tomboy. I stared at her while she was chatting with her friends when suddenly a person running bumped into her.

Since she was walking near the railings she lost her balance and fall of the second floor.

"Emerald!!! her friends shouted in horror as they saw her fall.

"Ahhhh!!!!! she screamed an ear piercing scream. I know that we can't use our powers  here because the humans might discover and create a big problem for our species.

I ran so fast and catching her in time before she landed on the floor. She looked in my eyes and she fainted. I think it's because of the shock. damn she so beautiful l thought before her friends came running towards us with worry written on their faces.

"Is she ok?" The girl with pink asked breathing heavily as she had ran all the way down. I just nod to assure them she's fine.

"Don't worry she just fainted because of the shock and she will wake up soon." I said

"Thank you so much Sir." the other girl who looked the same as the pink one said.

"Where does she live? I'll drop her off."

"No need to trouble yourself, will take her home."

"It's okay l don't mind I'll drop her off, you just give me the address."

"Will show you because where it is hard to give directions."

"Okay, your car will lead the way while l follow behind." I insisted because l want to see where she lives.

I drove behind them with Emerald in my car, l left jack at the Mall because l wanted to drive by myself.  Their car stopped and packed to the side and l did the same too. I wonder why they would stop here when there is nothing but forests at both sides.

"We have to walk barefoot starting from here because her house is inside the woods and there is road there." the girl in pink said making me widen my eyes in disbelief.

" What!? you mean to say she lives in there, are you serious?" I said pointing to the forest. The forest looks like that of a horror film and to make it more terrifying it's starting to get dark, it's not like am scared or something, it's because this beautiful looking girl lives there.

"Don't worry it's safe, atleast that's what we've experienced so far." The other one said and l just nodded carrying Emerald on my back as we started to venture deep in the forest.

We walked for about an hour or so until they stopped again making me frown coz l don't see a house here.

"We are here."

"Here where?"

"At her house, it's up there." She said pointing up and the tallest tree, l gasped at the height of it. It's almost tall like a skyscraper.

"Are you kidding me, she lives up there?" I said pointing at tree my eyes so wide that they could almost pop out of their sockets.

"Yep, up we go" she says and went to the back of the tree.

"Hey come on! it's getting dark we have to go home, you know." said the one with orange cargo shorts. I sighed and walked towards them. This girl sure is brave.

We stepped in some sort of wooden elevator and it lifted us up. I was so amazed by how creative the house is.

"Wow this is amazing. She sure loves nature." I said looking at the house. It is kinda like modern nature, everything is made up oak and the some electronics like television and all necessary kitchen appliances.

I walked into her room and laid her on the bed, l went in the living room where the girls were and sat on the other couch.

"We have to wait until she wakes up, by the way what are your names?

"I'm Rose and this is my twin Rachel." said the one with pink.

"I'm Ethan and I can definitely see that you're twins judging by the way you look."

"Why does she live up here alone isn't she afraid of heights and wild animals? I said curious to know why she lives here.

"She has been living here for quite a long time so she isn't afraid and she loves peace and quiet away from the city."Rachel said

"I can sense that you're not humans but witches, am l wrong?" I said because ever since l been with them l had already sensed that they were not humans but witches and also Emerald's aura is different, l can't pin point what she is but one thing is for sure she is not human and those eyes l have never seen anyone with that type of green colour.

"How did you know that because no human could ever sense that unless you are not human too but why can't we sense your aura if you're not human?" The all said in unison l was so amazed by how they said the whole sentence at once.

I was about to answer when we heard the sound of the toilet flushing.

" She's awake " l said and they all went to her room while l  just stood and waited at the door. It's a girl so l wouldn't what to budge in her room.