Chapter 26: Birthday p2

A/N: Long chapter

"Surprise!!" I turned back when l heard familiar voices shout from behind me. I was so happy when I saw who it was.

"I missed you guys" l said hugging my four best friends.

"We too, how have you been?" Rachel said, were still having our group hug until someone cleared their throat.  We broke the hug but the smiles never disappeared.

"I'm doing great as you can see"

"Happy birthday Emmy" they said all together.

"Thank you, this is the best surprise ever." I said although l wished mom would be here.

"May l have the honor of having your first dance with you, milady" Ethan said offering his hand and l gladly took it.

"Would you excuse me as l take my queen for a dance" Ethan said to my friends and the boys rolled their eyes. Weren't they told who is the king here coz rolling your eyes is disrespectful not that I care.

The lights dimmed and the dance floor was cleared just for us as we started dancing to the slow music. It's a good thing Ellen taught me how to dance properly at a ball. I twirled and Ethan turned me around.

It's like time just stopped and the world became blurry only us dancing. I kept on smiling as this was like a fairytale, I'm like Cinderella at the ball dancing with the prince except he's a king and am not Cinderella but either way I am enjoying this moment.

The music ended and then another song started playing, people with partners joined in. When a bell rings we change partners, l twirled and another person became my partner who l wasn't familiar with.

The bell rang and this time l was now dancing with Trevor.

"Hey, who had invited you. I am assuming it was Ethan but am asking coz you know that visiting other species without permission is intruding, am not saying that it's bad you came but I'm curious that's all" l whispered not wanting Ethan to hear us and l was trying not be rude with what l said.

"Ethan invited us, it's somehow nice that he got the King's permission. I know how ruthless he is, l heard he's terrifying and evil. He won the war when he was young." Trevor said whispering and l found it funny how he was talking about Ethan, yeah l know those things about but he doesn't show his other side to me which is for the best.

"Yeah, enough of the history. It's Ethan." I said and he didn't get what l said.

"I don't understand" he said

"I mean Ethan is the King and am soon to be queen." I said

"What!!"

"Ssshhh!! you're attracting attention" l said and he smiled at the people who where looking at him.

"Sorry but l was just shoc....." he didn't finish what he was saying when the bell rang and we switched partners, luckily it was Ethan this time.

"I see you were talking about me" Ethan said and l rolled my eyes at him, why am I not surprised by this.

"It's rude to eavesdrop on someone's conversation." I said

"I don't care and that someone being talked about is me." He said

"Rude jerk" l said and he chuckled.

"You're actually the first person to call me names and still be alive at the same time but either way I still like that about you." He said, l tip toed hooking my hands around his neck and whispered in his ear.

"My pleasure then Mr vamp"
I said and drew back.

"You know it's bad tempting a vamp like this and especially me" he said