Chapter 10: Realm of Shadows

"Mom what had happened to you that caused you to reacted that way, l was so sacred that l didn't know what to do to help." I asked when she looked fine.

"I had transferred your pain to me so l had to endure it. I think it's because your transformation is nearing a bit but it will come later on." She said and l nodded.

"So mom how come l am here coz l remember walking to the cafe before that...... Mom someone called Michael kidnapped me and said that he's coming to destroy everything you created and l couldn't see his face, it's like l was in some kind of place with darkness all around me, do you know him perhaps?"

"Yes l know him, I'll explain to you some other time so don't worry I will deal with him."

"Oh okay but who was he?"

"He is an old enemy that needed to be taught a lesson anyways let's not talk about now. I found you lying on the side road at night and took you here. I was worried why you didn't come home yet, so I took hunter with me to sniff your trail and found you there unconscious." She said. So what liked minutes were actually hours in that some kind of place and l really passed out when it started to darken but right now the question is who is he?.

I went to the other side of the room and looked outside at window and saw it was still dark so l took out my phone on the nightstand to check the time. It's 3 in the morning so only few hours till l prepare for school, today there's a final exam and after it l will be a graduate. l am so happy.

"Thank you mom for looking for me otherwise l don't know what could have happened to me if not for you and hunter." I said and hugged her tight.

"There is no need to thank me because it's my duty, you're my daughter of course l have to make sure you're safe always."

"Mom I'll go freshen up now, in few hours l have to go to school."

"Okay dear I'll go now." She said and disappeared as usual.

Florence's POV (mother nature)

To say it was not a disaster is an understatement because right now that bloody demon is planning to come back here. I saw what Emerald saw when l touched her forehead, l saw what had happened to her.

After centuries of peace now he wants to come back and destroy my hard work. My mind is about to burst right now with anger.

I teleported to the Realm of Shadows to see my brother, well for your own info l have an elder brother who rules the Realm of Shadows, where all the banished creatures are sent and a younger sister who is the Moon goddess, Lunaria.

"Greetings brother Abraxas."

"What a pleasant surprise for you to visit dear sister." He said sitting on his mighty thrown.

"What shall l help you with, sister."

"I came here to ensure that demon Micheal is heavily guarded."

"Are you doubting my security measures by any chance?"

"Forgive my ignorance but there is a serious matter here because Michael happened to appear to my daughter, so that makes me wonder how he managed to do that if you were guarding him." I said with a serious face. My brother and l aren't that close and we like to keep our formalities only me and my sister are close.

"Very well as you wish, you can go and check yourself how guarded he is and if you're not satisfied then we could add extra measures so that you don't have to come back here again with doubt about my security measures." Abraxas said and shadow creatures appeared waiting for his orders.

"Lead her to the dungeons where our special prisoner is held ." He said and l followed the shadow creatures. These creatures are really scary, they are similar to demons but way scarier compared to the undead. They are pitch black with red eyes and with devilish teeth visible.

We arrived at a dark cell that  smelled burned almonds and l knew it was a demon coz demons smell like burned almonds.

"Well well seems like the warning traveled sooner than expected." the evil voice l haven't heard in centuries echoed.

"You can show yourself, you know that am not afraid of you right. I just came here to see if you're still locked so don't think too high of yourself thinking that you scare me with your mere warnings."

"You only say that because am in the cells and you're on the other side, l don't think that would be the case if l was standing right next to you." he said and he revealed himself in the cell .

"Something has changed much because you look uglier than before but your ways haven't changed a bit, you're still as evil like before." I said with a disgusted look.

"But remember you almost fell for this ugly guy."

"Yeah almost understand the difference and besides l could have fallen for you if l hadn't seen your true colours masked by that fake beauty that withered with that caring facade." I said and he erupted into his same old laugh.

"So do you need me to praise you of being intelligent, get a grip of yourself. I will soon come back to destroy everything that you..........

"Blah blah blah if you're going to say your sappy old speech then l will pass, l have far more important things to do than listen to your crappy century old speech." I said and teleported to the throne room where brother Abraxas is.

"Forgive me for my doubts about your measures, l saw how it was indeed locked. I shall take my leave now, dear brother Abraxas."

"Well it's good that the doubt is cleared and we could move on from this, l will make sure not to let anyone escape here no matter what."he said and l nodded
before l teleported home, l now know that Michael will not cause harm in my daughter's future.

Sighing l sat at my favourite place in the forest, l don't sleep so there is no need to go and sleep.

Emerald's not supposed to have a mate but my sister and l made an exception since she was the one who added the wolf genes in her.

It pains me a lot to know that l can't do anything to save my daughter when she's in danger because l should let nature take its course which isn't fair to my daughter so the least l could do is remove the impending threats l could and the rest she has to fight for herself.