Chapter 27: Attacked

After the party ended everyone went to their respective rooms, Ethan said that my friends could stay for some few days. I got so many  birthday present.

Ethan said he had important work to attend to so I went alone to my room. Sighing I went to the bathroom but came out because I couldn't remove the corset.

I sat on the bed thinking for plan b coz I bet Rebecca is asleep by now. I started feeling that something bad is about to happen and the room was beginning to get cold.

The hairs on my back stood and I knew something bad is about to happen, out of nowhere black smoky vines came from underneath the bed traping my feet. I started to panic.

'Emmy, Emma are you there?' I said as fear gripped me because I couldn't feel them.

"Aaaahhhh!!" I screamed when I felt excruciating pain in my head and chest at the same time. My knees drop to the floor as the pain became more and more unbearable.

I started trembling while my hand clutched my chest tightly, I gasped for air but it seemed like my throat was closing. Sweat beads covered my face, I tried to shout for help but I lost my voice and soon my consciousness giving up on me.

This was the worst feeling ever, right now I just wanted this pain to end. I felt a bile in my stomach and l spit a mouthful of blood, l chocked on my own blood as my air supply was cut short when the black smoky vine thingy encircled my neck. I felt my life being squeezed out of me. Then everything went black and I lost my consciousness.

Ethan's Pov

While I was signing the last remaining documents, my eyes thinned to splits as a sign of danger.

I stood up from my chair and quickly teleported to my room but what I saw shocked me to the core. I was terrified seeing Emerald unconscious on the floor and blood on the ground, I quickly rushed over to her.

I put her head on my lap and her body was cold, l quickly checked hair pulse but it was weak and fear took over me.

I carried her to the bed and gently laid her down. I took my phone and called for the royal doctor. I immediately teleported to Ellen's room, I saw her reading a book sitting at the balcony.

"What happened?"she asked as soon as she saw me.

"Ellen something happened to Emerald!"

"What!! But she was fine awhile I ago" she said, without even waiting for my explanation she teleported back to my room to see Emerald.

"Oh my God what happened to her? Did you call the royal doctor?" She said holding Emerald's hand looking worried.

"Yes, I don't know what happened but I felt something was wrong and I immediately teleported my room and I was greeted by this scene."I said and the royal doctor arrived almost immediately.

As if on que, I opened the door and saw that the doctor was about to knock.

"Please check on her and hurry up"I said grabbing the hem off his shirt into the room.

He immediately went and examined her. I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently. My eyes were on Emerald the whole time as the doctor checked on her.

"Your highness, it seems like the queen was poisoned but right now she needs to the hospital so that we could check her to find the poison." The doctor said with panic written on his face, without waiting for a second I went to Emerald and picked her up gently in bridal style and teleported to the car and started driving to the hospital.
~~~~~~

I paced back and forth nervously, I've never felt so scared in my life like right now. I will kill that person who poisoned her.

It's been two hours since the operation started, they said it was critical and she needed a surgery urgently.

I turned when I had the door opening and rushed to the doctor.

"Dr Mark how is she?" I said and soon her friends and Ellen came to my side.

"I'm sorry your highness but we did everything we could but there was no sign of poison, it seems like the person used black magic which disabled her healing powers.

Her organs have been severely damaged and right now she's in coma. It's a miracle that she's still alive so she'll be monitored day and night for any changes." The doctor said and my heart stopped beating right on the spot, one hand made its way to my mouth covering it.

"What!! That can't be true, she was fine awhile ago so how did she go in coma? No... no... no... this isn't true she's fine, right?" I said unable to believe what the doctor said. Tears started to cloud my vision, no...no.... no.... my Emerald is fine.

I felt a hand gently pat my shoulder and l turned to see Ellen crying, I hugged her and started crying. Today was her birthday why did that happen and who could have done it.

The operation room immediately open and a very pale looking Emerald was sleeping on the hospital bed being pushed to the ward.
~~~~~~
A week later

Ethan's Pov

I don't know if l could be happy without you being here with me. Wake up soon Amor, you being like this is killing me.

I said in my head looking at Emerald sleeping there, motionless on the bed. She was transferred back home and all the necessary things she needs are here. Her mother tried to heal her but it didn't work so she went to look for a cure.

Her skin is pale but still has a little bit of colour. It's been a week since she has been in coma, I've been investing who could've done this but l have no clue. The person was so careful not to leave any traces behind.

My hunch is Jerome and his daughter but l can't accuse them without proof. I will not rest until l find that person.

I kissed her forehead and stood up to leave, l still have some duties as a king. The the beeping sound of the monitor is still the same after a week.

"How is she? Any changes?" Alex asked when l entered the office, l shook my head looking down. He got the message.

Her friends went back to their realms even tho they didn't want to go but they had some duties there.

"It's really a mystery who could have done it. There must be someone helping Jerome, he is the only suspect here." Alex said,

"Me too l suspect him, and he's behavior these days has been oddly weird." I said, Jerome in the court has been quite for over a week now without even his suggestions like everytime.

"Your highness!! the que...eeen's health....." Suddenly the door burst open and the nurse who tends to Emerald came in panting as if she came here running. When l heard what she said, without even waiting for her to finish l teleported to my bedroom immediately followed by Alex.