Chapter 13: the date p2

I wanted to ask how he managed to find a place like this but l just left the thought and enjoyed eating, after dinner we ate no, l ate desert.

"Wanna dance" he said offering his hand and l gladly accepted.

We danced to a slow classic song. The moon was at it's peak shinning brightly at us and the stars beaming with pride as there was no sign of clouds. The scene was so beautiful as the lanterns were sparkling illuminating the whole place.

"You are the most beautiful lady in the world, the first time I saw you l knew that you're my mate and I will love you forever. I feel happy everytime I see you, you made my dead heart beat again." He said and l snorted trying to hold my laugh not to ruin the moment. Like seriously did he just say that in the lines of his confession.

'you heard that right, you made a dead man's heart beat again' Emma said laughing which pulled the last string l was holding back my laugh and l burst into laughter.

'poor guy he just confessed his love but you're busy laughing, he must think you're making fun of him.' Emmy said which made realise that he is looking at me with a frown and confusion written on his face.

"I am so sorry, it's just l thought of something funny that's all and continue don't mind me." I finally said when l stopped laughing.

"Would you marry me and be my life partner?" He said and l swallowed my drink the wrong way causing me to cough uncontrollably and he gave me a glass of water that l drank in one go, after l was able to speak l wanted to say let's take it slow, l mean we just met a few days ago and I understand that am his mate......wait....am his mate... when did happen? I guess that's why I feel like I've known for a long and this weird attraction towards him.

I wanted say something but l suddenly felt weird like my soul was being pulled to the back of my head, before l could understand what's happening l felt like l was talking but am right here how come my mouth is talking on it's own when am in the back of my head.

"I gladly accept to marry Ethan and be your life partner forever."

"I promise to love you and only you for the rest of my life." he said opening a box that contained the most beautiful ring I've never seen.

"Your eyes look brighter than your usual colour and your voice seems a bit different" he said and l remembered that am still stuck here

'Emma! come back here right now or else......

'what are gonna do huh, l just accepted our mate is that a crime and besides we just switched bodies, isn't amazing l think the transformation is coming sooner.' she answered in my head

'but well you didn't ask our opinion first as to we want the proposal or not.'

'l asked Emmy and she agreed, right Emmy'

'I agree with Emma on this one' Emmy answered

'what about me?'

'we are inside your head girl, so we know what you want and you wanted this proposal but wasn't sure to accept it or not.'

'fine l get it but what are you gonna say to mom, huh'

'me? you'll sort this yourself coz it's your body, right.'

'you're just cruel, fix this and have you forgotten we an audience right infront of us saying something.

"Emerald are you okay? I have been calling you many times but you weren't answering.'

"I am sorry l was thinking about something. What were you saying again."

"I was asking why your eyes and your voice changed a bit?"

Emma gave me control after the question was asked. Seriously now she wants to run away from the mess she created, what am l gonna say now. That it's my wolf but the problem is that only strong wolves can switch wolves with their counterparts and even many alphas never did this only royals but l am  related to the Moon goddess herself because she's my aunt and mom's sister which makes me a lycan.

"Um it's just the light reflecting in my eyes and my voice changed a bit because of the coughing." I said and gave a reassuring smile.

"The ring is very beautiful, l love it." I said looking at the ring.

"I went and added the extra diamonds because you're so special to me so much and it turned out it really fits as l imagined." He said and I widened my eyes.

"You added more diamonds!!"

"Anything for the one l love. We will be going back to the Vampire realm tomorrow at night so you have time to say goodbye."

"Tomorrow and I have half a day to say goodbye but l haven't found a job yet" l said, l wasn't even sure about my decision and now l have to leave, what about mom?

"We were supposed to leave today but decided that we go tomorrow because you might want to say goodbye to your dear ones here and about the job, l don't think you need one." He said with a serious face.

"Okay l understand, l will come with you." I  said and he smiled brightly revealing his pearly whites. He has a beautiful smile.

We stood up ready to leave coz it was getting late.

"Let's go" he said and hugged me teleporting to the car.

"So what do you do?" I said, l mean l don't even know anything about him but yet feel like I've known him for a long time. I don't know what he does, his background, his family where he lives, Seriously he's my fiance for goodness sake but l know nothing, sometimes I feel stupid, l just excepted a marriage proposal without any idea of the guy does, what if he is a serial killer or drug dealer, my life would be ruined.

"You will know when we get there." he says which adds up to my curiosity more.

"What about your family"

"I have a younger sister the same age as you on facials but in vampire years she's 33."

"Wait...if you say she's younger than you when she's 33 then how old are you? don't tell me you're 100." I said my eyes wide as if they would pop out of their sockets.

"Just 51 this year."

"What! 51 but you look like you're 20 something or so."

'you're marrying an old dead guy' Emma said laughing which annoys me.

'If our mate knew that his beloved is making fun of him because he is old and dead what would he think?' said and her face changed into a bit panicked one.

'sorry it's just a joke.'

'shut up'

"Is it a problem?" Ethan asked and l went back to reality.

"It's not a problem, it's just that l wasn't expecting it."

_________________________________________
A/C

😔 There wasn't a kiss on the date, am so sad.
_________________________________________

Vote, comment, share and follow

Love y'all readers 💞

AverySJM 💞

⭐💞⭐💞⭐💞⭐💞⭐💞⭐💞⭐💞⭐