Chapter 3

I woke up for the second time with a nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right. The servants looked at me with worried faces and asked, "Lady Detlinde, it's good that you've woken up. How do you feel?" I tried to appear as calm as possible as I replied, "Thank you for helping me. I feel much better now, don't worry."

However, their concern only seemed to intensify when they heard me express gratitude. "My lady, did you just say thank you? Are you sure you're okay?" they asked incredulously. I tried to hide my true self, knowing that this Detlinde girl wasn't exactly known for her kindness. "Enough, what were we doing?" I said brusquely, trying to steer the conversation away.

The servants seemed to take a step back, probably surprised by my change in attitude. They informed me that my mother was calling for me, and a shiver ran down my spine. "Oh, demons, my mother, Lady Georgine, this can't be good..." I thought to myself as I mentally prepared to face whatever was coming.

I cautiously got out of bed, still feeling a bit weak from everything that had happened. The servants looked at me with inquisitive eyes as I made my way to where my mother awaited me. I tried to keep my composure, reminding myself that I had to act like Detlinde, even though inside I felt like a complete stranger in this body.

Upon entering the room where my mother was waiting, I tried to muster a convincing smile. But inside, my mind was swirling, trying to process everything I had discovered since waking up in this strange world. I knew I had to be careful and keep my true identity a secret, but I also worried about what the future might hold in this new life as Detlinde.