Chapter 26

After Lady Eglantine scolded both of us, she turned back to Ludwik and said, 'Lord Ludwik, there is something important I must discuss with Lady Detlinde. Could you please grant us some privacy?'

Immediately, Ludwik courteously replied, 'Of course, Lady Eglantine. I shall take my leave.' He passed by me and whispered, 'You'll finally find out what happens to insolents like you.'

Was he trying to warn me that Lady Eglantine would punish me?

After all, I recalled at some point in the novel, she had pressured Rozemyne heavily to become part of the royalty and leave her hometown and family for the sake of the country.

As Ludwik departed, Lady Eglantine approached me with a smile. At that moment, I became very nervous.

Was she going to punish me for how I treated Ludwik? Would she force me to do something irrational?

I was on the brink of panic when she mentioned, 'Lady Detlinde,' pausing briefly as she stared at me intently, and then continued, 'Do you like tea parties?'

All my anxiety dissipated upon hearing that, and I could only respond in confusion, 'Huh?'

Lady Eglantine chuckled softly at my bewildered reaction and repeated her question, 'I said, do you like tea parties? I've organized one at my residence and would love for you to attend. It would be a perfect opportunity to converse more casually.'

My fears instantly vanished upon realizing she wasn't scolding me, but inviting me to a social event.