Chapter 7

The silence that followed Ludwik's aggressive response was uncomfortable and heavy, until one of his guards finally intervened. 'Lord Ludwik, this conversation is not productive. Please, let's withdraw,' he said firmly and authoritatively. The guard seemed to have years of experience, and his imposing presence made it clear that he would not tolerate any more unnecessary disputes.

Ludwik, looking at the guard for a moment, finally nodded and seemed to calm down. He turned his attention back to me and acknowledged, 'Yes, you're right. This is a waste of time.' His words were a relief to me, as his tone was much calmer.

I decided to take the initiative and apologize for the third time to try to end the conflict. 'It was an accident, it won't happen again, my lord,' I said sincerely, hoping he would accept my apologies and we could leave this unpleasant encounter behind.

However, Ludwik's response was anything but reassuring. He looked at me disdainfully and said, 'Fine, it's not your fault for being an idiot,' before turning around and walking away, leaving me stunned and furious.

I felt outraged by his insult and frustrated by how he had handled the situation. I thought his earlier behavior might have been simply because of a bad day, but now it was clear that his personality was a real annoyance.

I wanted to go unnoticed during my stay in this world, but Ludwik's last sentence had crossed a line, and I wasn't going to stay silent.