Chapter 5

The following day arrived with a palpable excitement in the air as I prepared to attend the Royal Academy. 

I was eager to explore every corner, from the classrooms to the library, and every place I could visit. The descriptions of the novel were not enough and only fueled my curiosity, and I was determined to satisfy my interest completely.

We departed from the Duchy of Ahrensbach towards the Royal Academy using a teleportation circle. Although it was my first time experiencing this, I tried to hide any traces of fear I might feel.

Rozemyne wasn't joking about the dizziness, but I quickly recovered and directed my gaze forward.

The view that unfolded before me was breathtaking: a majestic castle atop a hill, surrounded by a lush forest. In the distance, buildings belonging to each duchy stretched out, adding a touch of diversity to the scene.

I was mesmerized, admiring the beauty of the place, until one of my servants caught my attention: "Lady Detlinde, this way."

"Oh, of course, let's continue," I replied, forcing myself to look away and move forward. Once inside the academy, I couldn't contain my amazement as I looked around.

I fervently wished I had a camera to capture every detail, an action I would later bitterly regret.

My distraction led me to stumble upon a student carrying a bottle of ink. The ink spilled onto his clothes, leaving him with a noticeable stain. 

He had golden eyes and dark blue hair, reminiscent of Rozemyne. To my dismay, he belonged to the Duchy of Dunkelfelger.

I apologized instantly, but I could sense in his gaze that he wasn't willing to let it go easily. I felt an immediate remorse for my clumsiness and hoped he could forgive me.