Chapter 4

Once inside the room, my mother greeted me with a stern look and the sharp words I was expecting. 'You're late, and why are you smiling?' she snapped. Darn it! I was so nervous, I almost forgot I had to keep up the facade of Detlinde!

'Oh, nothing, just remembered something funny,' I quickly replied, trying to keep the smile on my face despite the anxiety gnawing at me inside.

My mother regarded me seriously, and I felt a chill run down my spine as she said, 'Good that you're in a good mood. Today you'll do twice the work as yesterday, so you won't embarrass us at the academy.'

'Alright, mother,' I replied firmly, trying not to reveal my discontent at the prospect of a exhausting day ahead.

The best mother in the world, right? I thought sarcastically. The idea of attending the prestigious Royal Academy excited me and filled me with expectations about the new experiences I would have.

But then, an unpleasant thought crept into my mind. If I remembered correctly, the first interaction between Detlinde and Rozemyne occurred in Part 4 of Volume 1 of the light novel when Detlinde reached the age of 13. And right now, I was only 11 years old. Oh, it can't be! Would I have to wait two long years before I could meet my adorable Rozemyne!?

Frustration overtook me as I realized I would have to wait a long time before I could meet one of my favorite characters. Plus, right now, Rozemyne must be in a deep slumber due to her Devouring illness, which meant she wasn't even available to meet me.

I sighed resignedly, reminding myself that there was nothing I could do to change the situation. Although the wait to meet Rozemyne would be long, I was determined to make the most of my time here.