Chapter 12

As I sought an answer to my thoughts, the truth hit me squarely. Of course Lestilaut was different; the Lestilaut I knew was already a teenager.

We were in the first year of the academy, and it was highly likely that he hadn't fully developed his personality yet.

Moreover, like his sister, Lady Hannelore, he was a candidate to become the next AUB of Dunkelfelger. It wouldn't be sensible for him to cause trouble between duchies in his first year.

My thoughts swirled in my mind as I processed this revelation.

If Lestilaut was different at this moment, what implications would this have for the personalities of others? Would they also be experiencing changes and evolving as we progressed in our time at the academy?

Lost in these questions, I brought my hand to my chin in a pensive gesture, casting my gaze downward in an attempt to concentrate.

Though I heard murmurs around me, I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I completely ignored any attempts at external communication.

Uncertainty washed over me as I wondered what other secrets this new world I was discovering might hold.

Could it be that all the characters from the novel were subject to changes and transformations, just as Lestilaut was experiencing at this moment? The possibility was bewildering and filled me with unease.