Chapter 16

I was a bit nervous; I knew Hirschur specialized in magical artifacts, and Detlinde wasn't particularly adept in this area. However, when I looked at the exam, it seemed to consist only of common arithmetic problems: addition, subtraction, division.

In Yurgenschmidt, it was challenging to find someone with basic math skills due to the low literacy rate, a privilege reserved mainly for nobles.

Fortunately for me, in my previous life, numerical operations were an everyday thing.

An exam like this didn't pose a significant challenge. I finished my exam quickly and stood up to hand it in.

The teacher looked at me, confused, and said, "You can't leave anything blank; you must answer everything."

I reassured her, "Don't worry; I answered everything." After apologizing for my lateness once again, I headed towards the door to leave. But before I could do so, she stopped me.

"Wait a moment," she said, scrutinizing my exam for a while.

I asked, "Is there a problem?" She continued to examine my paper and replied, "On the contrary, everything is perfect."

I felt relieved; I had forgotten how good it felt to have your efforts recognized.

However, my happiness quickly faded when she asked, "The question is, you finished an exam in half the time it would take me. Do you have an explanation?"

Damn it! She stared at me, waiting for a response.