Chapter 34

Pov Eglantine (4th):

Lord Lestilaut, the Archduke candidate of Dunkelfelger, halted Ludwik in his tracks.

With Lord Lestilaut's surprising arrival, things became even denser for the girl when Lord Ludwik suggested taking her before Dunkelfelger's AUB for punishment.

Certainly, she was only defending herself, but unfortunately, the higher-ranking duchies held the upper hand.

I thought the discussion would end here and the girl would start pleading for her life, but with unwavering determination, she asserted before everyone present that she was willing to meet the AUB in person and explain the consequences of this dispute.

It was the first time I had seen Lord Lestilaut so tense. He glanced around at the crowd that was watching.

I'm not sure if he noticed my presence, but he gazed in the direction where I was standing for a few seconds before refocusing on the girl.

He apologized and stated it was not his intention to cause conflicts, practically forcing Ludwik to apologize to the girl.

She courteously responded that she also did not wish for conflicts, and there the discussion ended.

Everyone began to clear the area, and I watched as both sides of the conflict went their separate ways.

I looked at Ludwik, thinking that such aggressive behavior is unworthy of someone with noble status. Someday I will tell him directly.

And this girl... she seems to not bend to anyone, even with the arrival of Lord Lestilaut, she handled the situation cleverly to avoid being harmed.

I watched as she walked away into the crowd, her figure disappearing among the other people.

She seemed so serene, so self-assured, despite the tension that had just occurred moments ago.

I was curious, I needed to know more about her, about her story, about what led her to confront someone like Lord Ludwik with such courage.

I... I have to meet this girl!