Chapter 30

I was shocked, I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Ferdinand himself was just a few steps away from me.

"I'm here for the usual," he mentioned in his characteristic calm voice. After that, the guard let him pass.

Of course, I was eager to meet him. After all, he was one of the major figures in this world.

I started to walk towards him, but my guards caught my attention and said, "Lady Detlinde, where are you heading? The portal is ready, we need to return to Ahrensbach."

Darn it! I couldn't think of any good excuse to go after him, and even if I did, honestly, I didn't know what I would say.

Plus, after the day I had, I was completely exhausted.

"Yes, let's go," I told my guards.

Well, there would be other opportunities to meet Ferdinand. But I wondered what he was doing here.

Fatigue clouded my thoughts. All I wanted to do now was to get home and lie down on my soft bed.

When we finished using the teleporter and arrived in Ahrensbach, we were all surprised and scared.

Lady Georgine herself, my mother, was standing in front of us, waiting for us with a stern look on her face.

"Detlinde, we have received a message from Dunkelfelger," she said, and I couldn't help but show my fear.