Chapter 20

I thought Hirschur didn't believe me, but I soon realized her reaction was something completely different.

She raised her voice, visibly upset: 'What kind of idiot lets a library full of valuable knowledge go to waste like that?'

I staggered a bit at her outburst, but finally gathered the courage to respond: 'Despite an investigation, the culprit was never identified.'

While that strange book of mathematical formulas didn't exist, everything else was true.

In fact, I knew who was responsible. It turns out that Detlinde, a few years before I reincarnated into her body, had decided to burn down the entire library to avoid further studying.

And of course, her family had hidden this fact to avoid criticism. That was the reason I had staggered earlier.

I listened to Hirschur curse the person who had set fire to the library for a while longer, until the bell rang to end the class.

'Is it already so late?' she mentioned, with a hint of surprise in her voice.

'You may leave, but I'd like to continue discussing that book later,' she added.

I simply responded with a 'Alright...', and left the classroom accompanied by my guards.

I just wanted to get home and finally relax. However, this day was far from over...