Chapter 29

After my guards made me aware of the potential problem I could be getting into, we began to walk out of the academy while I immersed myself in my thoughts.

Tea parties... For most people outside of nobility, this ceremony was synonymous with joy and fun, but things couldn't be more different.

In reality, it was a psychological battle to gather information from other duchies, or even to ask for favors.

And, of course, the guests with lower positions in the ranking were the ones at greater risk, as they could hardly refuse the requests of nobles of higher status.

Thinking about all this made me feel strange. Was I afraid? No, it wasn't fear.

I was excited! After all, tea parties weren't much different from the debate halls I used to frequent.

I loved counterarguing when someone said I was wrong and destroying them with solid arguments.

Doing so filled me with adrenaline.

Of course, this only happened when we were investigating scientific topics. Outside of that, I was practically a saint who rarely got upset.

I was thinking a lot about my past life when the words of a guard brought me back to reality.

"Oh, it's good to see you again, Lord Ferdinand," said the guard.

I froze for a moment and turned slowly to confirm what I had heard... Yes, it was him.