Chapter 14

After Ludwik reluctantly apologized, the students around us finally dispersed.

Lestilaut practically escorted Ludwik away, fearing he might want to continue the argument, and I proceeded to walk towards the classroom I should have reached a while ago if it weren't for this mishap.

Upon opening the door, I found the classroom empty.

I took this moment to take a deep breath and relax a bit.

I raised my hand and exclaimed, "Victory!" Well, it was actually a draw, but considering that my life was at stake, I felt quite satisfied.

My guards, who had stayed outside, were surprised and asked me to lower my voice.

I assured them that there was no problem, as the classroom was empty or so I thought, until I saw another of my favorite characters sitting at the desk.

"Professor Hirschur!" I exclaimed excitedly. Not only was she a genius according to what I had read in the novel, but no one could compare to her in terms of intelligence. I was eager to talk about how this world worked.

Professor Hirschur turned to me and said, "Oh, you know me. Well, that will make things easier."

She said it with a smile, but her aura emitted a strong annoyance. Come on, I had just gotten out of one problem, and now I had another!