Chapter 27

Just after Lady Eglantine finished speaking, one of her guards interjected with a comment: "My lady, you should already know that it is not appropriate for someone of such low rank to attend such an important ceremony."

The room filled with a brief tension as everyone awaited Lady Eglantine's response.

She simply turned slowly to the guard, with a smile on her lips, and stared at him for a few seconds.

The guard, evidently nervous, quickly retreated and stammered, "Forgive me, my lady. I did not mean to interrupt!."

I felt compassion for the poor guard; Lady Eglantine knew how to instill fear without losing her elegance.

After this small incident, Lady Eglantine turned her attention back to me.

With a calm yet firm voice, she said, "Do not worry about formalities, Lady Detlinde. I am the hostess and I have the pleasure of extending invitations at my discretion."

She looked at me, waiting for a response, and at that moment, I could barely contain my excitement.

Lady Eglantine was one of the people I most wanted to meet, and I never imagined that she herself would invite me to a tea party.

With enthusiasm, I replied, "I would be delighted to attend, Lady Eglantine."

I couldn't wait for the day of the party!.

The invitation was not only an honor but also an opportunity to strengthen bonds and gain valuable insights.