Chapter 17

Hirschur kept her gaze fixed on me, waiting for an answer on how I had managed to finish the exam in record time. In that moment, I realized I was in a tight spot.

How could I explain to her that I had acquired knowledge from another world? That would sound crazy and improbable.

I pondered what to say, trying to find an explanation that wouldn't reveal too much.

After all, in this world, magic was the primary discipline, and other sciences were considered of lesser importance.

Hirschur approached me with a scrutinizing look and said firmly, 'This is the Royal Academy. Cheating is not tolerated here.'

A shiver ran down my spine. Was she accusing me of cheating? There was no way I could let that happen.

I responded immediately, trying to keep calm: 'Of course not! I would never cheat!'

However, my tone was slightly agitated, causing Hirschur to take a step back, surprised by my reaction.

Realizing my agitation, I hurried to apologize: 'Oh, I apologize, teacher. I shouldn't have gotten upset. But I swear by the gods that I didn't cheat.' My heart was pounding as I awaited her response.

Hirschur looked at me with some surprise and then asked in a softer tone, 'So, how do you explain this?' I felt trapped.

At that moment, I had no choice but to show her the procedure with the mathematical formulas I knew from my past life. I fervently hoped that this wouldn't cause me problems later on.