Chapter 3

Now, your next class begins, and... it's your least favorite class. "Ew! I hate math," you said as you walked in the school hallways, but you continued walking anyway. As soon as you got to your math class, you took a deep breath and walked to your seat. "Well, aren't you all excited to learn some exponents?" Mr. Jung said gleefully, "Ah! Don't act so sarcastic." You thought to yourself, "Why don't we get started now?" Mr. Jung asked.

Mr. Jung started writing down many different exponents: "Gosh! This is giving me a headache already," you say while you scratch your scalp. "Who wants to solve this first one?" Mr. Jung asked, "I'll do it!" Sooyoung said as she walked swiftly to the blackboard. Park Sooyoung was one of the most popular girls at school, known for her beauty and her gorgeous smile. Some people would call her "Joy" because of how positive she was, and like most girls at school, she was also an admirer of Jimin.

After solving the problem, Sooyoung model walks her way back to her desk, "Good job! Sooyoung, you got the answer to the first one, right" Mr. Jung said, the class began gazing at Sooyoung's beauty and intelligence. "Now, does anyone want to solve this second one?" Mr. Jung asked, "I'll do it!" Minjun said, as he walked towards the blackboard, Park Minjun was the smartest guy in the class; he was practically a straight A student, which made you envy him a bit.

As expected, Minjun was able to solve it: "Ah! Of course he did it right." You thought, "Nice job, Minjun; now who can solve this third one?" Mr. Jung asked, "Hopefully someone raises their hand soon, so I don't have to do it; if I do, then I'll embarrass myself in front of the whole entire class." You said, scratching the back of your head, "I'm going to do it!" Somin said, Jeon Somin was another very popular girl at school; she was charming, and something about her gaze was alluring, like she could hypnotize you with her eyes. However, she actually isn't the type who is talkative; she says a few words and that's it.

"Well, it looks like Somin got this one right." Mr. Jung asked, "Well, at least someone volunteered before; he would start picking students randomly." You say, wiping the sweat from your head, "Now could someone solve this fourth one?" Mr. Jung asked.