Chapter 3 - Caraphernelia

[Ari's POV]

After the show we went back to the hotel and immediatly went to bed.

I really couldn't sleep much, even after today. Not because i was almost raped, it was because Nate was on the loose that night. Police called Mike shortly after he called to report Nate to the police to say that they got Nate arrested for attempt of rape. That's something i can sleep easy with, but i still don't know why i couldn't sleep.

Maybe i needed some fresh air.

I got up from the bed that Jaime and i shared, since Vic called with his brother and TOny got the extra matress, the tour crew in the other bedroom, and then see Mike's not in bed.

Curious, i exit the bedroom and look around the hotel room.

"Mike??" i whispered lookiing around.

I shrug it off, thinking he was probably in the bathroom and then open the door to the balcony.

To my surprise, Mike was there, taking a smoke.  He was shirtless, except for the gym shorts he wore. He looked back at me once i opened the door.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were here," i said, about to leave.

"You can stay here, I don't mind," he said.

I stood there for a moment awkwardly before stepping back outside and closing the door, joining Mike next to the rail of the balcony of the hotel.

After a moment of silence, i speak before he could.

"Thanks," i said, looking up at the starry night.

"Hmm??" he asked, like if he wasn't so focused.

"I said thanks, for saving me back there. I couldn't imagine what would've happened if you weren't there, or didn't make it on time," i said.

He lets out a puff of smoke, the air sweet with the smell of nicotine.

"I'm glad i did. So is it true??" he asked.

"What??" i responded.

"Was that guy really your ex-boyfriend??" he asked.

I sigh and keep looking at the sky.

"Yeah. I broke up with Nate, but it still broke my heart to do it, but i had to. He was so abusive, and....  I couldn't deal with it anymore. I trusted him for the year i was with him, but then he became a jerk," i said, feeling a tear roll down. I wipe it away.

"I know what that's like. My girlfriend and i broke up, but... she cheated on me with some other guy while i was on tour. I was devastated when i found out," he said.

Poor Mike.

"I guess we both had bad cases of broken hearts, then," i said.

He nods. "I suppose we have," he said, tossing his cigarette into an ash tray.

I look down at the few cars driving by the hotel, when i feel Mike's hand on my shoulder.

"Ari, can i tell you something??" he asked.

I look up at him and nod.

"I just think i should get this off my chest, and i hope this doesn't change a thing between us. Now's a good time as ever to say this," he said.

"What is it??" i asked.

"Well, I..... I really like you, Ari," he said.

My heart stopped beating for a quick second.

[Mike's POV]

I can't believe i actually said that. What will she think??

"R-Really??" she asked, a bit surprised.

"Y-Yeah. I mean, you have always meant so much to me, and I've kind of felt this way for a long time, but i knew you were Jaime's sister, and.... I didn't want my friendship with him or you ruined, but i really do like you, maybe even love you Ari," i said.

She looks at me and smiles. "Mike, I love you too. I was just afraid of what you'll think," she said.

I step closer and take her hands on mine. "Well, I'm not afraid to let my feelings out now," i said.

She shakes her head. "Neither am i," she said.

It wasn't long that our faces were merely inches apart and then our lips pressed together and we're kissing under the starry night.

Sounds corny, but the kiss felt amazing.

Her lips were warm and sweet against mine, and our lips moved in sync as my arms coiled around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her arms wrapped around my neck as we held to each other.

We then pull back and i stare into her beautiful brown eyes.

"Wow," i said, amazed by the heat of the kiss.

"Yeah," she said.

We then hug close to each other and observe the sky before going back to bed.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face, and I'm pretty sure Ari did, too.