Chapter 13 - Survived

[Mike's POV]

Ari was at nerves when we finally arrived to teh hospital, which wasnt far from the sight.

Seeing all of that nearly had me breakdown like Ari did.

We run in and then find Vic, Tony, OM&M, and SWS gathered in the waiting room.

"Guys!!!" i called out, holding Ari's hand as we rush towards them.

Vic looks up and then he and Tony run up to us.

"How is he?? Where's my brother??" Ari asked, still in a verge of tears.

"We don't know yet. But he wasn't looking so good. They're only letting family members go in," Tony said.

Everyone then looks at Ari. She nods.

"I'll go," she said.

"I'll go with you. I don't care if they said i can't," i said.

She nods and takes my hand as we walk towards the lady at the counter.

"Excuse me, miss. I'm here to see Jaime Preciado," Ari said.

"Are you related to him??" the nurse asked.

"Yes, i am his sister," Ari said.

"Follow me, but i'm afraid your friend may have to stay," the nurse said.

"Actually, he's my boyfriend miss, and, well, I'm... I'm pregnant and he's the father. I need him, especially at a time like this," she said.

She looks at us as if she understands.

"Please the exception this time," Ari said.

She nods. "Alright, but just this once. The doctor might be with him right now," she said as she then lead us down the hall.

Ari gripped to my hand as we followed and soon arrive to the room.

Once I peered in, i felt my heart literally drop straight down into my stomach.

[Ari's POV]

As soon as me and Mike walked into Jaime's room, i felt like i was going to break down and cry.

Jaime laid there connected to like 3 machines, a breathing tube in his mouth and on his nose, his left arm in a cast along with his left leg, and him in a neck brace. His hand (which i think was the one he punched the doorframe with) was wrapped in bandaged, tubes coming out of both his arms, and gauze around his head and bandages on is cheek. scratches riddled his arms along with an intense purple bruise on his arm reaching to his shoulder and neck.

I gasp in horror and feel myself about to fall to the ground, but Mike catches me and i end up crying into his chest as he held his arms around me.

"Oh my god, Jaime!!!" I sobbed.

"Miss Preciado," a man's voice said. I look up and see tis the doctor.

"P-Please tell me he'll be okay," i sobbed.

"He's broken and fractures a couple of bones, 3 ribs included. He's in a coma, but it'll be for about a month, maybe even less. He'll be alright, but we'll be keeping him here for a while for further observation. Its a miracle that he survived a crash like that," the doctor said.

I let out another sob and keep crying into Mike's chest.

"If he wakes up, what will happen to him?? Will he be able to play bass again??" Mike asked.

"Most definitly. The damages on his hand and arm were not severe, but once he wakes up and he's out of recovery, its highly suggested he remains offstage for at least 6 weeks. I am aware of your tour, since my daughter is a fan of your band, so I know you can't stop. I understand you have fill-ins in case any band members get ill or injured," he asked.

"Yeah, but it won't be the same for a while," Mike said. "But the fans would understand. Right now, we need to cancel the following days of the tour so Jaime can recover here. I'm sorry for your daughter if she was going to come see us."

He was right. Without Jaime for the next couple of weeks, it won't be the same.

"No worries, I'm sure she'll understand. I'll leave you two here to stay with him for a while," the doctor said.

"Thank you," Mike said and the doctor walked out.

I then walk over, kneeling next to Jaime's side.

My poor brother... he looked so broken and lifeless. I felt like i was going to break down.

"I'm so sorry, Jaime," i sobbed, crying into his side.

"Ari, it wasnt your fault," Mike said.

"He shouldnt be here. I should have stopped him from leaving, done something" i cried, staring at his pale face.

"Its going to be okay, Ari. ou heard the doctor. He'll wake up soon," Mike said.

I gulped nodding.

i run my fingers gently through Jaime's no-longer spikey hair. It was damp and cold from the rain, and it wasnt the same spiked up happy mess he always had. It was a sad razor edged that fell over his eyes. I brush them aside and lean in, kissing his cheek.

"Please wake up soon," i whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter tomorrow.

FEEDBACK!!!! ^.^=