Chapter 29 - Safe Now

[Mike's POV]

Ari had Nate at gun point as i ran to Kitty.

She laid on the ground and smiled up at me tiredly. She was burning up and covered in bruises, but i can still tell she was okay.

"Oh, Kitty, thank god," i cried as i pulled her close to my chest.

"D-Daddy..." a small voice whispered.

I look down at her and she tiredly looked up at me.

"D-Daddy...." her lips said.

My eyes widen. She can speak!!

So it was her who screamed from here.

I smile and then paramedics take her from my arms and lie her down on the stretcher carefully while police cuff Nate and drag him out.

I stopped him and then swung my fist HARD and punched him square in the face.

"Nobody. Hurts. My. Family," i said, then kicked him in the stomach before punching his face again.

We then follow the paramedics out as they examine Copeland and Willow (who i bet are beyond grounded) and Kitty.

Ari and I ran to Kitty, along with PTV, as paramedics surrounded her, putting ice on her and giving her oxygen and IV needles, which she didn't really like.

Everyone else answered some questions.

"Oh, my baby, thank goodness you're safe," Ari said.

"Mama..." Kitty said.

Ari's eyes widen and looks at me.

"She can speak," i said.

Ari smiles and kisses Kitty's head.

"We need to get her to the hospital before her fever overheats," a paramedic saids to us.

"Can we go??" Ari asked.

"Come on board," he said and me and Ari climb in.

"We'll meet you at the hospital," Jaime said.

We nod as the doors shut and we can hear everyone cheering and applauding, knowing Kitty was found and is safe.

Paramedics were doing what they can to keep her hydrated as we took off towards the hospital, even have an IV bag for her. She wasnt fond of the needle, though.

She gripped to my hand as Ari kept her calm.

My baby girl is safe now.