12 - Boss

Ruby, Ruhaan and Ruhaan's mom sit in the hall together .. well dressing appropriately..

There's an awkward silence in the air as Ruby is completely unaware of the furious conversation that had taken place not too long ago..

Well Ruby is her own boss .. but this is different..

A man she met at her best friends birthday.. in fact that "man" was her friend's brother.. moreover .. she was on bed with him before even knowing his name..

The blind trust was enough to prove how much the relationship had meant to her and .. Ruby, Ruhaan felt like a combo that she was born to have ..

But his mom didn't look agreeing to that .. she kept staring at Ruby who sat beside her in one of the only decent dresses she owned..

 she kept staring at Ruby who sat beside her in one of the only decent dresses she owned

The silence was creeping upon Ruhaan and he couldn't handle

The silence was creeping upon Ruhaan and he couldn't handle ..

Ruhaan's pov

If mom feels irritated she's gonna leave and I haven't got any time to explain Ruby anything right now..

How do I break this awkwardness..

"Mom.. you wanted to talk about something??" I ask knowing well that this can go downhill yet it was the conversation starter .. I wish it works

"Yes but .. Ruby doesn't seem to be prepared for any questionnaire at this moment.."

That was right Ruby had been feeling sick all morning because there was no breakfast.. she had decided upon staying hungry until I told her about the complete matter ..

"It's ohkay mom you can ask her anything and .. ik she can answer all you're questions.. well .."

I was in a hope that this would create a bond between mom and Ruby ..

Mom - Ohkay then Ruby .. where's your family .. what do they do?

(Wow that was something even I didn't know about yet .. cuz I had no time to have such conversations with Ruby...)

Ruby - Well .. my mom stays with my sister as she's in LA for her studies

Mom- And dad?

Ruby stays silent upon this which makes me panic so much I just look at her in vain and she says