20 - Heal me

Sorry if there are errors dear readers..

But I hope you enjoy the chapter

2000 words ... 💗

_______________________________________

She laid on the bed and I just stared at her my heart racing at a speed none can measure.

The huge number of possibilities of her reactions was aching my insides as if someone was about to stab a knife in me yet there was no knife.

Anxiety, overthinking any word related to hyperactivity could be used to describe my situation and I had not even begun to think of the solutions to any of her reactions.

Her mom didn't know what had happened she was way more tensed but she believed in me and left me alone here with Ruby..

I was extremely guilty for not knowing about her periods..
And when she yelled about the white roses.. I didn't even know she liked them..

What in the world is love if I don't know about her favourites..

I was close to her skin but was I close to her soul? I was close to her ears and arms and bottoms but have I been close to her heart? Is this why she didn't trust me?

She judged me by my name?

"Ru .. Ruhaan.."

Her voice immediately bought me out of these insecurities and objections.
I quickly put my hand around her shoulders and waist helping her sit right.

Her face seemed stressful and it was obvious to be so.. it was a while later that she actually realised I was by her bedside and she didn't seem to be bothered about it.. though I could feel her hands shivering, her breathing increased and at once I could feel the anxiousness build in her heart.

I pulled her close into a hug and her arms didn't wrap me back..
The insecurities crept up on me again but I disregard them and hug her tight with one arm constantly rubbing her back suppressing her disturbed feelings and the other arm around her waist keeping her as close to me as possible.

Her stuttering sobs broke my heart one crack a time.. and I just kept clutching on her as tight as possible..

Her head fell onto my shoulder giving me the peace I was waiting for..

"Ruby.." I called her out softly

She flinched but remained still and nodded to the call..

"Did you read the letter?"

I could feel her feelings were on a rollercoaster but I didn't allow her to get out of my hold.

"Hm I did"

"The whole thing?" I didn't wanna leave any spot between us that could harm our relationship anymore

"Yes but the gift.. I didn't.."

"Shh" I broke the hug and looked at her face lowered with tears flowing recklessly..

I leave her and get up to get the gift.
' She'll be really happy '

I immediately take the gift to her so that she can unwrap it by herself and place it on her palms. Wiping her tears she opens it revealing a dvd ..

Ruby's pov -

A dvd? And a fake one indeed..

And I expected... Why do I even expect anything from him anymore..

I move away from his touch dropping the dvd on the floor and my arms crossed thinking about what needs to be done ..