23 - Who. was. it.

"RUHAAN HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT"

As usual my lovely bunny is on her peak anger because I've rejected her from buying this beautiful wedding lehnga.

"My love we can't carry this home right now we need to shop for your casual wears something like kurtis and stuff not for LEHNGAS"

And her face etched into the sad emoji and the way she acts so dramatic and childish makes me wanna bite her cheeks and cuddle her all day long.

"Ruhaan please" and her puppy face makes me unwillingly nod into a yes and without another word she rushes to the billing counter.

"The total will be 1785$ mam. MOP?"

(Mode Of Payment)

She turns around in a panic state and whispers to me "1785$??"

"Don't worry hot chocolate I have like twice of that at home in cash"

She hits me with her elbow and says "Why are Indian dresses so expensive, shall I pay half of the bill?"

And I grab her waist pulling her towards me "USE. MY. CARD" and I peck her lips which assure me of her acceptance on using my money.

We leave the store with her on call talking to her mom while I had to carry her 8 bags full of god knows what. I mean how can someone possibly shop for so many clothes just to travel?

And we head back home to do our packing and get ready to fly to India this evening.

A while later..

"And don't forget anything okay?" I'm trying hard to recall all necessary documents and items before booking our cab and I realise I'm forgetting one of my best possession and head into my bunny's room to check up on her.

"STOP IT .. how many times do I need to tell you I love him and he is not-

The open door warns her yet my ears have heard every part of that statement. She quickly cuts the call and pushes the phone into the pocket of her jeans as if nothing really happened.

"All good Ruby?"

Ruby's pov -

The fact that he was at the door is shaking all my nerves and calling out my name in that tone of his gave me all the fear and anxiety uncalled at this moment.

"Um yeah babe just wrong numbers sometimes.." and I put my arms around his neck hoping for some magic to happen this mere moment making him forget the last 5 minutes of his life.

"Who. Was. It." Each word stressed as if I didn't understand his language.

"It was nothing dumbhead come out of your insecurities" and I try to chuckle away the situation.

He snatches my phone making my heart race a mile within a second and immediately throws it away. Fuck I was doomed if he had decided to check my mobile.