18- Trauma

I sat upright with the support of my pillow. The room was dark , all lights off except for one -the flashlight of my mobile that I had turned on to have some company along with my tears.

To subside this feeling of cheating and betrayal I need this moment of loneliness with myself..

My legs brought close so that my face lay on my knees and everytime I close my eyes .. I see him

That cheater and ruddy idiot , how could I ever fall in love with a man who can be the one who had murdered my dad so brutally

And immediately my dad's pale face was in front my eyes though blurry I could clearly remember all the details .. that car which had passed by my dad was nowhere to be seen

He laid on the road with his wrist completely covered in blood ..
Tears streaming down his eyes as if he was .. tortured

The postmartem reports which showed signs of harassment with his neck and legs tied to a rope.. that we had ignored in the view of all the blood and his dead body ..

We knew that this was only possible by the people of the Rathore's..

They were already boiling with the urge of revenge when Arjun Rathore had decided to commit suicide because he was unable to manage the company's losses and the company had a downfall ..

The revenge was taken but it wasn't my dad's fault that their company went into a loss situation.. yet my dad was murdered and the urge for revenge crept up in my veins since that postmartem report had come out.

Today this man .. the son of ARJUN RATHORE is in front of me .. has been since a month now and I'm unable to do anything although I have informed the team that regularly connects me to known murderers and identify if I'd seen anyone that night or if they're related to the Rathore's.

Now I had the culprit .. but I had no evidence neither did I have the courage to report Ruhaan.

And as I sat thinking about all this my mom barged into the room without any notice .. I quickly turn the flash off and stay silent.

But my mom is a mother afterall and knows what I must be going through and she came up to me whilst in the dark and hugged me .. my tears uncontrollably fall on her arms and immediately she takes me into a tight hold.

"Ruby Singhania the daughter of the well known businessman Karthik Singhania .. is lying on the bed and crying??"

"I'm not crying mom" and I get out of her hold wiping and hiding my tears

"It's ohkay to cry but it's not ohkay to cry without any reason. So .. tell me why you've locked yourself up in this dark ass room to sit and cry hmm?"

"You already know mom- my voice breaks and I have no courage to explain myself at this moment

"What?" She snaps at me as if she doesn't have any idea of the incidents that took place not too long ago.

"Stop taking his side now mom" and I start ranting to my fullest ..

"HE IS A BLOODY CHEATER .. a liar a betrayer a filthy foul murderer

HE IS MY DAD'S MURDERER..

It was not dad's fault that Arjun Rathore hung himself that night..

Neither were we responsible for anything.. is he that naive??

That he killed my dad? Like really?

And you're still DEFENDING him?

I'm not stupid mom .. he might be but I'm not naive .. and now you see what I do with that bastard.."

A deep exhale and my heart racing fast but the blood is still boiling still anticipating for that revenge..

"How do you know that he was the one??" Her tone was calm and patient

"Obviously I - .. and I'm hit by a loss of words .. what was the proof?

How did I come to conclude this?
The realisation came by quickly..
But something in my gut said that he was the one .. but still no proof.

"I don't know I just feel he is the one"

She sits by my side and takes her phone and she had decided to call Ruhaan.

How did she have his number.. I really don't know but the call was picked rather immediately followed by the speaker mode on.

"Hello aunty.. everything alright? Is she okay?"

His voice.. ugh feelings stirred in my core making me crave his hugs and cuddles .. his kisses and grabs.. but I was determined to stay distant until I knew the truth.

"Yeah .. Ruhaan can you meet Ruby whenever you're free?"

These words of mum made my eyes widen up and I immediately signalled her in a "NO". She shut me away .. and continued waiting for a response

"Umm sure aunty .. may I know where? And is she willing to?"

"I am not" the words come out unexpected yet willingly..

Meanwhile Ruhaan..

"This woman.." the smile on my face upon hearing her voice was rather short termed ..

Her "no" seemed to give me a sense of relief I had not expected

I want to and I have to meet her and tell her the truth... Afterall she deserves it and whatever punishment comes .. I will be ready for it.

"Aunty if it is okay then at the coffee shop tomorrow at 10am .. "

The appreciation and approval from Ruby's mother was everything to me.

All I was left to do now was plan the order of our conversation.
Maybe we should start it bluntly because if I hype her up and tell her the truth she'd be devastated again.

*The next day*

Done.

I was completely satisfied with the arrangement of a beautiful bouquet, a piece of gift (handmade) and the tiniest but the most important part the letter.

I open it up to read and correct any mistakes for one last time before giving it to her all by myself.

"For having caused you a trauma for life..

I'm sorry Ruby..
I thought the bond would've been stronger than the past but it isn't.
Whatever happened was just a matter of accident and unfortunate circumstances.

I was scared that night , I didn't know what to do.. and I was extremely drunk being scattered to dust due to the loss of my dad, if he was here he would've been proud of all I achieved and everything handled with perfection.

But only one mistake.. a mistake I'll regret for life .. the one that a mere sorry will never be able to fix.

Unfortunately that night ..

_______________________________________

Lots of love
Blakey