ᥫ᭡ | 00

ᥫ᭡                   Summer, 1989,

                                 ᥫ᭡
Summer, 1989,

The sun shon down onto the two girls heads, both of them having too much fun to care about the sweat that dripped from their faces and soaked their clothes. The round football, which looked huge compared to their small frames, was frequently passed between the two.

The older girl was having the time of her life while playing the sport she had grown to love over the years - while her younger sister would rather be playing in the kiddie pool or in her new dollhouse inside her bedroom.

The nine and eight year old girls both turned their heads at the same time, a display of confusion written over their face as they eye the moving van that pulled up outside their white gate. "It's the new neighbours that dad was telling us about." Kim Nari, a young eight year old girl pointed out to her big sister.

"I'm going to welcome them." Kim Bitna, a nine year old girl spoke with confidence, picking the football up and walking over to the end of her garden - just about peering over the fence at the new family.

"Hey!" She cheerfully called out to a young boy wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a baggy dinosaur shirt - his thick black hair swept to one side. Bitna smiled at him, finding the chubbiness to his cheeks cute. "Do you want to play football with me?"

She held up her black and white checkered football, a wide welcoming grin spread across her slightly tanned face. The unknown boy stared at the girl with judgemental eyes and couldn't help but grimace. "Girls can't play football." He spat in disgust. "Besides, lacrosse is a real man's sport." He boasted and rested his hands on his small hips.

And just like that, Bitna's smile had completely disappeared and been replaced by with slight snarl- her eyebrows forming a knot in the centre of her head. "You're just scared that I'd beat you in a match." She huffed, letting the ball drop to the floor and resting her foot on top of it, her arms crossing over her chest.

"Nuh uh." He tutted and glared his eyes into the girls and shook his head. Who does this girl think she is? He had only just met her yet she was speaking to him like she ruled over him - 'girls like this were trouble and no good' , at least that's what his dad said.

"Whatever you say, dinosaur boy." She teased with giggle, making the boy look down at his shirt before glaring back up into the girls eyes, a scowl present among his features.

"Sunghoon, come on and help with the boxes!" An older manly voice called out, which Bitna presumed to be his dad.

Sunghoon looked back at the direction that the voice appeared from before glancing back at the girl. "Whatever you say, 'Boy wannabe'." He mocked and rushed off to help with the boxes. Rage igniting inside Bitna's body.