ᥫ᭡ | 08

ᥫ᭡                   Sunghoon Pov:

                                 ᥫ᭡
                  Sunghoon Pov:

The volume of the music that his Walkman played seemed to increase by the minute. Sunghoon laid on his bed on his back, his eyes firmly shut as he desperately tried to block out the sound of his fathers constant yelling.

This wasn't anything new, in fact it was just apart of routine. His father didn't hold back when it came to his mother, one wrong move and he'd yell at her for it the rest of the day. As for Sunghoon, as long as he stayed as captain and on the lacrosse team, his dad was proud.

"Sunghoon." His dad grumbled as he opened the eighteen year old boys door - Sunghoon quickly scrambling to turn off his music and hide his Walkman. "Your mother is staying at your grandma's tonight." He stated while approaching the curtained off window.

Sunghoon felt his heart drop, "can I go with her?" He fearfully asked, regretting it as soon as he heard to huff and tut escape his father's lips.

"And why would you do that? You're perfectly fine here." He stated and used his two fingers to separate the blinds, peering into their next door neighbours garden. "That brat is out there again." He grumbled.

Sunghoon sat up in his bed and ran his fingers through his thick dark hair. "Who?" He tiredly questioned, letting out a sigh as he stood up and threw on a black jumper.

"You know, Kim Byeongho's daughter." Park answered with a disproving shake of his head. Sunghoon glanced out the window to see Kim Bitna taking out the bins with a disgust expression.

"You mean Bitna." Sunghoon dryly corrected, rolling his eyes at his father's dehumanising comment. Park Inseong scoffed and turned to look at his son with darkened eyes.

"Is that what it's called?" He huffed out a chuckle, shaking his head and closing the curtains once the girl disappeared back into her
house.

"She, dad." Sunghoon corrected again, knowing that it would be best if he just shut his mouth for his own sake. Inseong creased his brows together and crossed his arms over his chest, a fierce glare written over his feature.

"Well, she isn't much of a girl." He chuckled at his own joke, that soon vanishing at the sight of his son's annoyed gaze. "Don't look at me like that." He demanded, fire igniting in his chest as he grew provoked. "You're probably more of a girl than she is."

Sunghoon clenched his fists together and slowly nodded his head, "whatever." He grumbled to himself, use to hearing the same insult when it came to his dad. It wasn't that being a girl was a bad thing - not at all, Sunghoon loved women. But when it came to his dad, women were below all men- the weaker sex. And Sunghoon did not want to be seen as weak, he knew the consequences of being weak. After all, his father made them very clear.

"'Whatever'." Inseong mocked, not liking Sunghoons tone. "Did you say 'whatever'?" He questioned, his voice coming out angrier than ever. Sunghoon kept his eyes on the ground, wishing he never spoke up to defend a girl that he doesn't even like.