twenty-two

ᴛᴜᴇ

Rᴇɪɢɴ Sᴀɴɪʏᴀ Tᴀʏʟᴏʀ
ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛ 7 ₂₀₁₈ 📍ᴍᴇᴍᴘʜɪs

"REPORT TO HOMEROOM. HOMEROOM EVERYBODY." The assistant principal yelled as everybody entered the lobby of the school.

We had to go to the 12th grade sign on the wall and find our names which was in alphabetical order by last name.

"C'mon i know we in the same homeroom." Jaimeer guided me through the crowd of students to the label on the wall that read S-T.

"We in Mrs. Bell homeroom she on the 2nd floor." He said and i followed him.

I didn't like the fact that this school felt too overcrowded at seven in the morning, but it's expected since it's the first day of school.

"I need to take my last first day pictures." I yawned walking up the steps. Jaimeer then side eyed me and kissed his teeth. "For what? Ain't like you gone post it." He said.

"On my story i will but i'll never make an actual post are you crazy? My anxiety said no." I said.

"What yo' anxiety say bout the Eli nigga going here now?" He asked.

"His name is Elijah. And i don't know to be honest he ain't my boyfriend we just went on a few dates." I shrugged.

"Lie again. I know mama been letting you spend the night wit that nigga and go over his house." He said and i furrowed my eyebrows before relaxing them.

It wasn't Elijah at all, he's actually referring to Skye, our friends nor my brother know about how close we've become over the summer as friends. It's not that it's a secret or anything, we just normally hang out at his house or somewhere and when we're around our friends and my brothers...we naturally act distant.

"You don't know nothing actually." I mumbled.

"On some real shit though you know you don't need to keep shit from me." He assured and I nodded as we made it our homeroom sitting beside each other.

Minutes later the seats in the classroom were filling up full of students who looked like they didn't wanna be here.

"Wassup yall." TayTay said tiredly sitting near us.

"Shit." Jai sighed.

"Early as fuck and muhfuckas already coming in this bitch musty." TayTay fussed making me laugh.

"Mr. Smith." Mrs. Bell called out and he looked her way. "Ma'am?"

"I shouldn't be able to hear your conversation, tone it down."

"I got you Mrs.B." He assured.

"So which one of y'all gone take my last first day pictures?" I asked.

"Nigga you ain't even answer me when i said wassup. No hey, goodmorning, rise and shine?" TayTay said.

"Hey." I said.

"Bye." He said.

"Mane how long we gotta stay in here?" Jaimeer complained and as if on cue the intercom came on explaining what we was doing in homeroom.