Chapter 17: Christmas Part 2

A/N: Hello, thank you for reading this far, I really appreciate it. This chapter may contain some anxiety, and some tears. I hope it doesn't upset anyone too much, that's not my intention at all. If you are feeling these thoughts, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! There are professional ways to have Hope, and cope to the best of your abilities. Also, Please get Professional help, and let me leave You Reader with some advice I go by: You are Enough. You are Strong and have a beautiful soul, Don't waste your energy for the darkened thoughts, you can be someone who is loved by those who need you around. Don't give up on yourself and above all, you are more valuable than the abyss you tangle yourself in. Hope this helps in some way. Thank you. Please continue.

It was a few days after Christmas, and the snow had thickened outside, it became virtually impossible for lots of students to come to school. No matter how many times the snow got cleared, it got worse as the day went on. Only the students on campus had to go to school. Class 1A had made it in and got through the day with no drama.

It was late in afternoon, and the class had gathered for their evening meal, they chatted animatedly, except one empty seat. Where was Louie? She was at school earlier, attended all of the classes, and training exercises, but Not at the dinner table. Tokoyami took his empty bowl and washed up. Some of the girls had saved Louie some of the chicken skewers with teriyaki sauce, and a bowl of white rice. Also remembering to grab a can of iced coffee, in one of her favourite flavours. He thanked them and took Louie's meal up to her dorm.

KNOCK! Knock! Knock!

Tokoyami knocked lightly on the door, whilst Dark Shadow helped him balance the tray of food. Louie answered the door, with a saddened expression, tearstained cheeks and silent. Tokoyami placed the tray on her little table beside her bed and looked at Dark Shadow concerned. The music in the background, giving a clue on how she was feeling. The rubbish bin nearly to the top, with used tissues from the crying. She stood, head hanging low; Her pyjamas, of black loose fleecy trousers and a short sleaved deep purple t-shirt, with one of lover's phrases on 'Revelry in The Dark' in Black bold letters. It was adorable, given the situation.

Fumikage: "Oh My angel, what have you been doing? Crying up here by yourself?" He cooed, soothing her, as he pulled her into his arms.

Louie: "I'm sorry..." She sniffled, weakly.

Fumikage: "Are you hungry? We've brought you some food to get your strength up. Listen my love, we all noticed you didn't eat much at lunch today either, so please tell me what's gotten you so upset?" He coached gently.

Louie clung to Fumikage and his hoodie, like a life raft all at sea. She gently pushed herself off of him, looking at the floor, not bearing to look at him, for a fear of losing her composure and him. Dark Shadow turned the lights up on the dimmer switch to see her face. His shadowy heart and eyes giving away his expression to his shadow brother. She was hurting deep.

Louie: "It was my first Christmas without my dad......" She spoke in a soft tone of sadness.

Fumikage guided her to sit down and start to eat, as he was worried, she would collapse from exhaustion. She started to eat her food in silence, then when she finished, she confessed the rest. Dark Shadow listened intently, and munched his apple quietly.

Louie: "I'm sorry...... I feel lost and worthless. I thought I could cope, when we went around to your family home. I'm breaking down feeling like my dad is never coming back, and I can't get over him being gone! I've worried you, and Dark Shadow, are both going to get fed up with me....... And our friends will just say they've had enough." Louie choaked back a sob, that threatened to escape, along with fresh tears, ready to fall.

Fumikage: "Shhhh, My Angel~ ....... Breath, it's alright I've got you. When you're ready, please continue, we're not going anywhere." He calmed her holding her close to him again, as they sat on the floor, leaning up against her bed.

Louie took a shaking, but helpful slow deep breath.

Louie: "One of the presents I got from my mum and your family; is in that large box under my bed, that you can't see at the moment...."

This gained the curiosity of Fumikage, cocking his head to one side, with a small smile. He gently lifted her chin, so he could look into her eyes. No matter what she felt like at this moment, the love he felt for her only grew more potent. Adoration for this beautiful person sitting next him. Before he had a chance to ask, why, Dark Shadow pulled out the box, and their eyes grew wide.

Dark Shadow: "Don't worry! I'm not going to open it, but there's a card attached...... I thought you would want to read it. Sorry, curiosity got the better of me." They admitted, snuggling into her.

A small smile came on her features as Dark Shadow's snuggles tickled her neck.

Dark Shadow: "There she is! Our Angel~ no more tears, you got us. Isn't that right Fumi?"

Louie looked at her beloved, he caressed her cheek, wiping away the rogue tear that fell. He covered her in beak kisses, showing her how loved she was to them both.

Fumikage: "Louie~ I love you, My Angel. If you want to read the card, that's fine, but it's up to you."

Louie took the box from Dark Shadow's claws; he released it without hesitation, and helped her place it back under her bed with the card. The rest of the night, they watched one of Louie's favourite musicals, and surprisingly one of Fumikage's too. The Phantom of the Opera, the 2005 film starring Gerard Butler, Emily Rossum as the 'Phantom' and 'Christine Daae'. They sang softly along to their favourite songs, until, when he came back from using the bathroom, he found Louie had fallen asleep. She was nestled up in Dark Shadow's claws, breathing softly. The movie had ended, showing the credits, Fumikage turned the TV off.

Dark Shadow: "Fumi, sorry she fell asleep on me. Shall I tuck her into bed?" He whispered, kindly. "She looks so pretty when she sleeps, and peaceful too."

Fumikage: "Indeed, she is the most beautiful to us. Let's tidy up this mess after we put her on the bed. No making any noise, I shall go and get my phone, while you watch her, okay? I don't think it would be wise to leave her alone after the night she's had tonight."

Dark Shadow agreed. They tidied in silence, andwhen Fumikage got his phone, Dark Shadow, found some extra soft comfortblankets, and placed them on Louie's feet. Fumikage returned and snuggled up toLouie from behind, spooning her close to him, making sure to keep her darknessat bay. Well, with the King of Shadows cuddled up to her, what would want toawaken the beast of Dark Shadow and Tokoyami Fumikage?