Chapter 20

It has been almost seven days Siddharth was staying at France for his business,while Aarohi missed him the everyday but they have contacted each other many times in this short period of time.

Finally Today Siddharth will come back to India after settling everything at France.He was now sitting on his private jet reading some business papers.

It was now the time for his landing,he have already talked with Aarohi on the phone.

Siddharth's private jet descended gracefully, its sleek wings slicing through the azure sky. The wheels touched the tarmac with a gentle thud, and the engines whirred to a hushed idle. As the cabin door opened, Siddharth stepped onto the airstrip, his tailored suit unruffled despite the journey.

Waiting at the bottom of the steps, his chauffeur held out an umbrella to shield Siddharth from the drizzle. The scent of damp earth mingled with jet fuel as Siddharth crossed the runway, his leather shoes tapping against the wet concrete. The car's engine purred to life, and he settled into the plush leather seat, raindrops dancing on the tinted windows.

The drive home was a blur of city lights and memories. Siddharth gazed out, watching familiar landmarks pass by-the corner café where he'd shared laughter with friends. The rain painted streaks on the glass, blurring the distinction between past and present.

Finally, the wrought-iron gates of his mansion swung open, revealing the grand facade. The gravel crunched under the car's tires as it swept up the driveway. Siddharth stepped out, the rain now a gentle mist.

Upon entering his home the first thing he spotted was his mother sitting on the living room reading a book.

As soon as she spotted him,she came towards him and engulfed him in a hug.
He greeted his mother and went to his room.His face screams exhausted and tiredness.

After Siddharth reached his room, he sank into the plush armchair by the window. The rain still tapped against the glass, a soothing rhythm that matched the flutter in his chest. He pulled out his phone, fingers hovering over the screen. Aarohi's name glowed, a beacon of anticipation.

Me
Hey,I am home

The ellipsis danced, and then her reply appeared.

Aarohi
Missed you. How was the trip?

He chuckled, imagining her leaning against her own window, staring at the same rain. Their texts flowed like a secret river, carrying memories and promises.

Siddharth
Long flight, but worth it. Delhi's monsoon is relentless.

Aarohi
I envy the raindrops that
touched you.

His heart skipped. Aarohi had a way of turning ordinary words into poetry.

The thought cross his mind after reading her text was 'They're nothing compared to your touch.'

She sent a blushing emoji, and he grinned. The conversation meandered-music, books, dreams. They shared snippets of their days, as if stitching together a patchwork of intimacy.

Aarohi
I baked cookies today. Wish you were here to taste them.

Siddharth
I'd trade a thousand cookies for one of your smiles.

And then, the moment he'd been waiting for

Aarohi
When can I see you?