you stole my everything 1

PoV Will
When I was fifteen I invented the portal gun. It worked a bit like the portals the great Gleeful company was selling and that Stanford Gleeful invented.

But my portal gun was safer and more handy, way more practical then the gigantic portals.

After I got my college degree at 22, I used the gun to apply for a job offer at Gleeful companies.

Today was my first day. Wish me luck!

3rd PoV
On his first day William did nothing but nasty paperwork. They used him as a secretary most of the time.

The next day was exactly the same, just like the next weeks.

Drowning in paperwork William wondered if he would ever be a real scientist and meet Stanford.

One day the CEO approached him.

"Mister Cipher?", he asked.

"Yes Sir? Do you need anything?", he asked, putting the papers he was carrying down.

The man looked Will up and down.

"In your application you told us about a portal gun, which you showed us in the job interview, is that correct?", he asked.

Will nodded.

"Perfect. The big boss wants to meet you tomorrow at eight am sharp. Bring your gun and don't be late."

~~~
Will wasn't late. Infact, he was five minutes early.

Soon not only the boss, but some of the ceos of the other parts of the empire were crowded in the room.

William felt out of place. Was his invention even good enough?

Eventually they all sat down.

"Good morning, Mister Cipher. I assume you brought the gun. I want to see it.", Stanford Gleeful stated.

Will nodded and handed it to the boss with shaking hands.

"Please don't drop it.", Will stated.

"Will it explode?", some asked.

"Goodness, no. It will create a random portal, probably into my living room.", the bluenette replied awkwardly.

"Interesting. But why?", Stanford asked.

"Because there's a button it might hit and that triggers the portals.", Will smiled.

"That's not what I ment. Why your living room?", Ford wanted to know.

"Oh. Sorry.", Will apologized, then answered:" in my studies I found out that it would open a portal into the nightmare realm, the base of all dimensions, if you don't put a location. I did not want someone to be sucked into that. So I build an old phone into the gun. In that phone you put the coordinations, but if you don't put any it opens a portal to the place you set as home."

"That's impressive. Where did you get all the knowledge to built this thing?", one if the ceos asked.

"It's all in the books! I've read every single book about demons, magic and portals, even the Fiddleford McGucket ones, even though those are controversial.", Will explained happily.

At the mention of the name Will saw the others flinch.

"Fiddleford was my assistant, but he went missing. What books are you talking about?", Stanford asked.

"Well, they're in our local library, in the part that's staff only. I read them when I worked there. They are handwritten."

For a few seconds Stanford was very quiet.